Store logo missing?

Guest Goodwill Too

Guest Goodwill Too

I upgraded from v4 to v5. I solved the v4 mystery logo with the help of Forums, so I hope to get the v5 Logo mystery solved the same way.

I have uploaded a variety of logo candidates, all in JPG format, via the Logo tab in the Admin Console. No matter what I do, however, I can't get any of the pesky critters to show in the Store. I see a text link where the logo belongs, and the "Image info" points to a .php file, which in turn drops the name of the chosen logo, but it doesn't actually appear.

I recall in v4, the logo had to be sized a particular way to appear. Is there something similar and undocumented going on here?

This wound up being an issue with folder permissions that we will be fixing in the next update. For anybody having the same issue, please change the permissions on the /images/logos/ folder to 755 instead of 777. That *should* take care of it. The issue arises on servers running SuPHP / PHPSuExec.

:w00t:

Guest Goodwill Too

This wound up being an issue with folder permissions that we will be fixing in the next update. For anybody having the same issue, please change the permissions on the /images/logos/ folder to 755 instead of 777. That *should* take care of it. The issue arises on servers running SuPHP / PHPSuExec.

Yep, does the trick, though product images get uploaded with 777 permissions, giving me thoughts on my next issue: every time I edit a product, CC5 forgets the image I tag for the item, making me retag the image. I'm thinking the lax file rights on the image might be contributing to it, but haven't tested, yet.

Under suPHP files can ordinarily run at 0400 or 0600 and folders at no higher than 755. Generally suPHP will throw up an error 500 if permissions are set higher than that.

Of course it needs to have a PHP script to achieve an error 500 so setting cache folders to 0777 can generate unpredictable results.

Jules

My configuration is Linux server running Apache version 2.2.17 and PHP version 5.2.16 and I am testing on FF / IE / Safari / Chrome browsers.

I have changed the permissions to 0755, added and removed store logos - clearing all of the CC and browser caches - and all to no avail; all I ever see is the alternative text, never a logo (not even a default).

If I point my browser to the ../images/logos/skin-name.php, it returns a "500 Internal server error" message instead of redirecting to and displaying just the logo. I don't know if the PHP header(Location:xxx) redirect is violating some other permission, or what.

I can point my browser to the referenced file and see the logo; or, if I use Firebug and modify the generated html for the img src (inside the page_wrapper, account, header, quick_search div's logo class) to explicitly point to (rather than redirecting to) the logo file, it displays properly.

Any suggestions as to what I might be missing, or what else I might try? I've been wrestling with this for several days now, so a fresh set of eyes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My configuration is Linux server running Apache version 2.2.17 and PHP version 5.2.16 and I am testing on FF / IE / Safari / Chrome browsers.

I have changed the permissions to 0755, added and removed store logos - clearing all of the CC and browser caches - and all to no avail; all I ever see is the alternative text, never a logo (not even a default).

If I point my browser to the ../images/logos/skin-name.php, it returns a "500 Internal server error" message instead of redirecting to and displaying just the logo. I don't know if the PHP header(Location:xxx) redirect is violating some other permission, or what.

I can point my browser to the referenced file and see the logo; or, if I use Firebug and modify the generated html for the img src (inside the page_wrapper, account, header, quick_search div's logo class) to explicitly point to (rather than redirecting to) the logo file, it displays properly.

Any suggestions as to what I might be missing, or what else I might try? I've been wrestling with this for several days now, so a fresh set of eyes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Depending upon the security settings for your server you will not be able to run scripts (that is to say any file with a .php extension if the permissions in the folder exceed the limit imposed by your administrators. Until you reduce the permissions on this folder far enough Error500 is the expected result - you might simply edit your scripts to point to the image file you need as a logo instead ... ?

Jules

Depending upon the security settings for your server you will not be able to run scripts (that is to say any file with a .php extension if the permissions in the folder exceed the limit imposed by your administrators. Until you reduce the permissions on this folder far enough Error500 is the expected result - you might simply edit your scripts to point to the image file you need as a logo instead ... ?

Jules

Jules -

Thanks for the reply. I reviewed all folder & file permissions, and they appear to be okay.

I checked with server admin and no restrictive permissions are set. (Other .php scripts run with the same folder/file permissions.)

So as you suggested, until I figure out what's really going on, I have edited the ../skins/skin name/templates/main.php to explicitly point to my logo file and that is working.

(Sometimes a hammer is the only way to drive in a screw with a stripped out head!) ;)

Steve

• 1 month later...

In my case I had change /images to 755 and /logos to 755 worked like a charm. And I upgraded from 4.2.2 to 5.0.2................

• 4 months later...
Guest zigarot

In my case I had change /images to 755 and /logos to 755 worked like a charm. And I upgraded from 4.2.2 to 5.0.2................

Bingo!

I hope this has no further side effects