Image Features Vanish

Is your directory permissions correct?

The challenge is, how would anyone know ... ;)

My server uses suPHP so I have 755 on all my writable folders and the CC500 installer recognises all folders as readable.

But I'm now getting blanks for Language too so it looks like this problem is widespread.

Jules

Guest hennaboy

Well I use suPHP and have my image directory set at 777. You should be able to check for the current settings with your ftp client. Right click on the directory and then select permissions.

I also have languages set to the same and can see them just fine

Well I use suPHP and have my image directory set at 777. You should be able to check for the current settings with your ftp client. Right click on the directory and then select permissions.

I also have languages set to the same and can see them just fine

I think I should have been a little more clear; suPHP will allow files into the folder but will not allow scripts to run from that folder.

If you have suPHP (without php.ini override) set your includes/extras folder to 0755

Create a file called info.php with the following code

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Upload this file to includes/extras and from your browser run http://yourdomain.ext/includes/extras/info.php => it should run fine

Now change permissions to 0777 and refresh the browser => it should throw up an Error 500 Server Misconfiguration.

Now try to run your key.php file from the same location and you'll get the same Error 500.

This may be why some of us are getting our configuration files wiped you; CC500 cannot see a license so de-configures the installation ... ?

You can however access image files and I'm guessing cache files whether permissions are 0755 or 0777

Jules

The mysterious disappearing configuration appears to be a DB character set / encoding issue. We're will have a revised upgrade routine out in V5.0.1 next week that should fix the issue.

And we're well aware of the permissions issue as it should be fixed as well.

:w00t:

The mysterious disappearing configuration appears to be a DB character set / encoding issue. We're will have a revised upgrade routine out in V5.0.1 next week that should fix the issue.

And we're well aware of the permissions issue as it should be fixed as well.

Whilst I don't disagree with the explanation I'm still bemused by it.

All my databases (since 4 years) have been had utf8-general-ci and all of my imports and exports have been uft8 because I run into trouble with european characters otherwise. i have seen it where i'm provided with php scripts for upload that are not utf8 but each one of the cc500 distribution i've looked at have been utf8.

whilst i'm not using a production site to upgrade (i'm using a copy) i created my archive using cpanel (zip/unzip) on the server, created my own db+collation and had admin load using utf8 charset.

so i'd be impressed to hear where this issue is coming from

so far as i'm concerned there are so many missing columns in the database and the only stability i've found has been after i've hand-crafted changes to the db; so for me it's still, by a country-mile, a script issue that needs to be resolved first.

When CubeCart_image_index should have `main_img` enum('0','1') NOT NULL, and `img` varchar(255) NOT NULL, yet only has `main_img` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL, (no img column at all) and both CubeCart_inventory and CubeCart_order_summary are (fresh install versus upgrade) only very rough approximations of each other my instict is to start with the easy hits rather than the dark arts for a solution?

Jules

You may indeed be correct. I do hope you're reporting most of the issues you find to the Bug Tracker. That's by far our easiest way to help make sure we find and fix issues. If not, perhaps we need to work with you to get your store working right and fix any issues we find along the way?

You may indeed be correct. I do hope you're reporting most of the issues you find to the Bug Tracker. That's by far our easiest way to help make sure we find and fix issues. If not, perhaps we need to work with you to get your store working right and fix any issues we find along the way?

;-))

For my mind it's only a bug when it can be reproduced, there are too many variables otherwise.

I took your previous advise and contacted Support via email.

They came back with the charset explanation but until they get to the bottom of why the installer script generates unpredictable results (let's guess, it runs out of memory, or times out, on larger sites) they'll only be chasing half the problem and hiding from the issues. Still, let's not pre-judge.

Jules