Shipping by Weight

Hi, can someone please tell me how to use the "Shipping by Weight" option? I want to see if this can be used instead of the non-existent Royal Mail option. Ideally I would like to have something like 0 - 0.250kg £5, 0.251 - 0.500kg £7.........etc.

Many thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Guest Alirat

I would also like to know how to use this. I set up zones (two of them for New Zealand, North Island and South Island) and the screen asks for the weight and has zones 1,2,3,4 and 5. Saving that then does nothing. Nowhere to go for the next weight band. The on screen help is not helpful at all. Does this mean I have to get a mod to get this to work?

Guest hennaboy

This is the same method as used in the previous versions.

enter a list of country codes or just one county code if only one is required.

Then start your weights.

1:1.75, 2:2.75

for example

Explanation

1:1.75

anything up to 1KG or 1lb (depending on your store setup) will cost 1.75 to ship.

Guest Alirat

This is the same method as used in the previous versions.

enter a list of country codes or just one county code if only one is required.

Then start your weights.

1:1.75, 2:2.75

for example

Explanation

1:1.75

anything up to 1KG or 1lb (depending on your store setup) will cost 1.75 to ship.

Oh I see - you enter that all on one line. I thought it was weird not being about to set up shipping by weights. I have only set up one other CubeCart shop in the older version and used a different method, a flat rate. I wish that explanation had been on the help page. What about zones, as in North Island and South Island of New Zealand? On the zones page it only let me have regions not zones even though I had set them up under the country's zones settings.

Guest hennaboy

Well it only states country iso codes for the zones. So not sure what you mean by regions? If they have their own ISO code you would be able to list them otherwise your then looking at modifying the code slightly which you could request at www.cubecartforums.org

I got that going works ok and good you can play with weights to help out till they get the Aussie post thing working properly

Customer went through and worked out from Aussie post the shipping/cost, here is the break down

also image attached if that helps

0.25:5.00, 0.50:6.35, 1:12.55, 2:14.55, 3:16.55, 4:18.55, 5:20.55, 6:22.55, 7:24.55, 8:26.55, 9:28.55, 10:30.55, 11:32.55, 12:34.55, 13:36.55, 14:38.55, 15:40.55, 16:42.55, 17:44.55, 18:46.55, 19:48.55, 20:50.55,

• 4 months later...
Guest marksson

I cannot get this method of shipping to work, all I need is to set up under 2kg at £2.40 over 2kg at £5.95 for UK only.

From previous posts it looks like it should be 2:2.40, 100:5.95

this would go in the 'Packaging weight' ?

then what is the 1st & 2nd class shipping rates about and how do you set those up?

I cannot get this method of shipping to work, all I need is to set up under 2kg at £2.40 over 2kg at £5.95 for UK only.

From previous posts it looks like it should be 2:2.40, 100:5.95

this would go in the 'Packaging weight' ?

then what is the 1st & 2nd class shipping rates about and how do you set those up?

Packaging weight should be the tare or weight of your standard box if you use the same size box each time. I leave mine blank because I use so many different packing supplies.

Since you want to set a weight for UK only your first zone is UK, then a handling cost if you want one and under 1st class would be where you want to put 2:240,100:5.95 If you have more than one way to ship across the UK, for example in the USA you can go first class mail, then a long list of others like priority mail, parcel post, media mail, you would use the second class as an optional postage rate if you want your customer to be able to choose between the two options. If you only use one type of shipping and don't want your customers to have a choice leave 2nd class blank.

Hope this helps

Jamie