Shipping by Postcode

Guest Reece Cropley

Guest Reece Cropley

I was wondering whether there is a way to alter the zones so that when the area is selected the shipping costs change.

I've noticed in the shipping methods you can limit to certain countries, but is it at all possible to limit via the zones of that country?

So I could set up flat rate and limit to GB for the ISO code, and then if the customer lives in the Bristol they get a cheaper shipping rate than in London. They could choose this when registering or entering there address details.

On a side note some of the shipping methods (by weight for example) I have enabled, although appear to be set up correctly, do not appear on the checkout. This is very frustrating as my customers wishes to ship via weight.

Guest jazzydan58

I couldn't see this either when I gave cc5 a spin, I thought things like this would be standard now?

Its well known that most retailers in the uk make a surcharge for offshore places? The drop down county box is a waste if time as people just bypass it.

Guest Reece Cropley

I couldn't see this either when I gave cc5 a spin, I thought things like this would be standard now?

Its well known that most retailers in the uk make a surcharge for offshore places? The drop down county box is a waste if time as people just bypass it.

Im not best pleased with the new cubecart release. I understand that it still new and there of course will be bugs that need ironing out.

Im going to downgrade to CC4 until CC5 has grown a bit and there are mods and solutions to the bugs.

• 3 months later...

Daimonsoft had a shipping by postcode module for CC3 which I am still using and very happy with.

They are working on making it CC5 compatible - but it is long long overdue.

http://www.daimonsoft.com/CubeCartModules.aspx

Perhaps if you e-mail them they might encourage them to hurry up :)