Feeling a bit stupid

Guest moonriver82

Guest moonriver82

Hi all

I went ahead and made a website, several pages, all w3c compliant with use of external style sheets and js etc

I decided I need to add cube cart to the website. Simple enough I thought, I successfully installed cubecart no problems. The next thing I did was copy a skin folder and paste it and rename it to test. Renamed the settings file too so admin panel of cubecart would pick it up. And it did, so far so good.

Next thing was to integrate my website to this new test skin folder of mine. So i simply copy and pasted the whole web folder into the templates folder. Renamed the current main.php to mainold.php and took my index.php file and renamed it to main.php so it would be picked up at the shop front.

Wahey so far so good. The problem is this when you navigate away from the homepage to my other pages, the cubecart tags don't work. They simply display the text version of the tag for example {$CART_TOTAL} appears as {$CART_TOTAL}.

The next thing I considered to work round this was simply include the cart.class.php file from the classes folder within my other webpages and make direct calls to the functions so to get the cart total i'd simply write

require '../../../classes/cart.class.php';

$carttotal=$cart->getTotal();

echo $carttotal;

Which may I add doesn't work. Then I had this horrible feeling i'm tackling this all wrong. And in fact there is a more straight forward way. I'm a faily good programmer but with no manual and no guidance I'm unsure of what I should be doing exactly and would appreciate some guidance on how to integrate my site properly.

I look forward to any replies I've spent a few days working with cubecart now making slow progress

Thanks a lot in advance