Where is the documentation?

Guest Lee Tempest

Guest Lee Tempest

Hello,

I've recently begun looking at Cube Cart and it seems like a very good system. I have used Joomla for over 8 years now and I'm comfortable changing templates etc via MVC.

However when I'm looking at Cube Cart there is very little documentation beyond installation for customising a skin.

For instance how do i turn off the featured product 'module' within my website?

Also I have specified a logo within the site settings but it still is not displaying on my website and I get the generic yourlogo image.

Please help direct me to some suitable skin documentation for v5 that I can read through and understand this software better.

Thanks

Lee

I think documentation has been put on the backburner while the developers are busy squashing bugs. Cubecart 5 uses the Smarty template engine, so you could try their documentation for now:

http://www.smarty.net/documentation

If you want to get rid of the featured products box, you need to edit your main template file:

/skins/[your_skin_name]/templates/main.php

Remove the line

{$RANDOM_PROD}

If it's any help, you can find a list of template placeholders and what they refer to here:

For the logo, I assume you've uploaded the image via the admin dashboard and enabled it (should have a green tick next to it)? Also, have you tried turning caching off and on (Store Settings > Advanced)?

(Yes, "turn it off and on again" is a bit of a cliche, but it's been known to work) :D