Wordpress installation error

Hello,

I have just found CubeCart today and have come across the following error at the Wordpress admin installation stage:

"The plugin does not have a valid header."

I downloaded the latest version of 5.0.4, clicked add new plugin, it says:

Installing Plugin from uploaded file: CubeCart-5.0.42.zip

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

Plugin installed successfully.

Activate Plugin | Return to Plugins page

When I click activate I encounter the above error. I have tried a quick google and a browse in this forum, but not joy yet.

Hope someone can help me, thanks.

You're trying to install CubeCart via Wordpress? You can't do that, it's not a Wordpress plugin. You need to follow the CubeCart installation notes.

Well, doh! Guess I just view every zip file as an opportunity to stick it into my wordpress panel!

After following those instructions, I now get the following error:

The following errors were detected:

Either Ioncube Loader or Zend Optimizer is required to use CubeCart 5. Please contact your server administrator.

What does this mean or what have I done wrong this time?

It means you don't have Zend or Ioncube installed on your hosting server. You need to contact your hosting company.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I'm using GoDaddy hosting but it does not appear to be an option available to me in the admin panel.

It only seems to offer: osCommerce and ZenCart.

It's not an ecommerce option. It's a decoding system. You need top contact your hosting company or look through their FAQs.

Great, I thought it was going to be complicated - it was and wasn't at the same time! I eventually figured it out.

I simply did a search for Zend and all I was missing was a file called: php5.ini

Instructions here: http://wordpresspartner.com/tutorials/godaddy-zend-php

Now the installation process is working and hopefully I will see a working cart at the end of it all...

Thanks Robsta!