Rebuild Search Engine Optimized (SEO) URLs

Guest T-Mo

I enabled SEO URLs and love how it creates the path and filename based on the description instead of product_id=5. I made a lot of changes to my descriptions and it still displays the old SEO URLs. Is there a way to rebuild the SEO URLs or how to I get them to change? I disabled and re-enabled and did a rebuild under Maintenance but no change.

Guest john323232

If you look in forum i have made several question about this argument but nothing....

Now i can make for you a personal function (with money) because i solved this problem, naturally if you want.

I asked why my rebuild sitemap don't work (it give me an error...), to be exactly it works when i have 50 products but when i have 12000 products it don't works for nothing.

So i have created a function that rebuild sitemap (build seourl and sitemap at the same time in less of 3 seconds for 12000 products) after download into mysql server in exact form (require for me 10 minutes via internet).

No maintenaince is required after :-).

Contact me to [email protected].

I enabled SEO URLs and love how it creates the path and filename based on the description instead of product_id=5. I made a lot of changes to my descriptions and it still displays the old SEO URLs. Is there a way to rebuild the SEO URLs or how to I get them to change? I disabled and re-enabled and did a rebuild under Maintenance but no change.

I attempted to search SEO URL in this forum before submitting but didn't find anything.

I do NOT receive an error when rebuilding the sitemap. I deleted the sitemap.xml.gz file at the root of the CubeCart directory and rebuilt it - but inside the xml file it still has the original description information in the SEO URL. I don't know where it pulls the information but it isn't from the current product description.

Guest wnysmall

If you look in forum i have made several question about this argument but nothing....

Now i can make for you a personal function (with money) because i solved this problem, naturally if you want.

I asked why my rebuild sitemap don't work (it give me an error...), to be exactly it works when i have 50 products but when i have 12000 products it don't works for nothing.

So i have created a function that rebuild sitemap (build seourl and sitemap at the same time in less of 3 seconds for 12000 products) after download into mysql server in exact form (require for me 10 minutes via internet).

No maintenaince is required after :-).

Contact me to [email protected].

So you have a patch for this? I have a store and I am missing seo url in my index.

I haven't found a way to get it to automatically change the SEO based on item titles, but you can go through manually, one at a time, and change them. I've been working on it for weeks. It is slow going but at least I'm getting each SEO set up just as I want it.

As for sitemaps there are plenty of free sitemap programs out there. I can't get the sitemap feature built into v5 to work either so went the free route and just uploaded the .xml file directly to my server.

Jamie

I haven't found a way to get it to automatically change the SEO based on item titles, but you can go through manually, one at a time, and change them. I've been working on it for weeks. It is slow going but at least I'm getting each SEO set up just as I want it.

As for sitemaps there are plenty of free sitemap programs out there. I can't get the sitemap feature built into v5 to work either so went the free route and just uploaded the .xml file directly to my server.

Jamie

Jamie, are you just editing the sitemap.xml file to change the SEO url or where is this information stored? Any more specifics you could provide would be great! Thanks!

Guest john323232

Yes wnysmall (and for all user that need this contact me to [email protected]) i can make a simple .exe that solve your problem...i need only a csv file with some requested field and i can insert into mysqldb.

Sure we must try several things because i need some information from you but i can make this program for you. Price? Contact me, i use my program for 13000 based db with 40 field for row, i must see at least 10 rows of your db...in csv format it's good. Send me this info to email address that i given you. So my program take max 10 seconds to make sitemap and seourl table, after this other about 10 minutes to insert over remote into db. And for who is interested i have a procedure that create more that 10000 ads for adword in less of 5 seconds. ABout 90% of ads are ready to publish on adwords complete of keyword obtained from your db!

Jamie

Jamie, are you just editing the sitemap.xml file to change the SEO url or where is this information stored? Any more specifics you could provide would be great! Thanks!

For anyone else who needs it.

You can change the SEO url by editing each item one at a time. Click to Products, then edit next to the item you want. Across the top of the edit page you will see tabs starting with General then Description etc. Click on the one that says Seach Engines.

On the Search Engine page you will have

Meta Title

custom SEO urls

Meta keywords

Meta discription

You can set the SEO urls to anything you want but remember to put a dash between words. Also remember the software won't allow duplicates. If you do get a duplicate and try to save you will get a warning saying the SEO url didn't save.

If yours is as buggy as mine you also need to go back to images and make sure the star is next to the correct image before hitting save or it disconnects the image.

For Sitemap I used an online free program that took me about a half hour to create. It was a piece of cake, the longest part was weeding out the info I didn't want. I just searched on Google for free sitemap software and picked one that I didn't have to download and could do online.

Hope this info helps!

Jamie

Guest john323232

i have 13000 products and i must clik on all? sorry my program take max 15 minutes to make this..without any click...without any bug...

For anyone else who needs it.

You can change the SEO url by editing each item one at a time. Click to Products, then edit next to the item you want. Across the top of the edit page you will see tabs starting with General then Description etc. Click on the one that says Seach Engines.

On the Search Engine page you will have

Meta Title

custom SEO urls

Meta keywords

Meta discription

You can set the SEO urls to anything you want but remember to put a dash between words. Also remember the software won't allow duplicates. If you do get a duplicate and try to save you will get a warning saying the SEO url didn't save.

If yours is as buggy as mine you also need to go back to images and make sure the star is next to the correct image before hitting save or it disconnects the image.

For Sitemap I used an online free program that took me about a half hour to create. It was a piece of cake, the longest part was weeding out the info I didn't want. I just searched on Google for free sitemap software and picked one that I didn't have to download and could do online.

Hope this info helps!

Jamie

• 1 year later...

john323232, I completely understand that you want to promote your work and yes, make some (big?) $$$, BUT pushing it so hard is not the correct way to go. Instead, you could make all transparent, give some urls where it works - build credibility, in two words.

My 2 cc.