What a ripoff..

The most expensive thing a cubecart user will fear is cubecart itself, but God so good the creator is given it FREE, how come some ripoffs demanding money, expecting to be paid for a ready made cubecart theme?

What have they done? edit this and that.

How "wonderful" is it for ripoffs to demmand approximately $60 or more for the cheapest commodity of the cubecart, while cubecart itself only required $59.95

for a single license per domain???

All ripoffs should be regarded as pirates.

Guest OskMedia

davio you lookl new to the forum, i don't knwo if you are new to html and php or not but someone that was familiar wouldn't say that, these things are not a wlak in the park to make, requires graphic skills php html and other things, only if you knew you would say 60.00 is a good price :D

Its not just html, it's php, graphics, testing etc.

I have modded a store for a friend and know how long it takes. But I know what you mean dayo, if Brooky can spend a lot of time on cubecart and still give it away for free, why can't the modders do the same thing???

The way I look at it is, not everything can be free. 60 odd dolars for a mod is cheap when your doing business. It's actually a lot less painful then having to do the mods yourself :D :D

Guest twisted

Think about this....Cubecart has been downloaded some 80,000 plus times.

If only 1% of the people who download it pay a licence fee to have the "powered by" text removed, at $60 a pop...thats a fair chunk of money.

Most of the modders who do custom programming, or graphic design, do that for a living. We spend many hours coding and designing. Our prices do not reflect the LARGE number of hours that go into a single mod, or single design. We hope to make that up by selling them over and over, just as, I'm sure, brooky hopes to make some money by charging the licence fee.

"There's no such thing as a free lunch"

If you don't wanna pay, then the answer is simple....DON'T BUY.

In the meantime, the rest of us will struggle on the best we can without your hard-earned dollars and try to make a living doing what we do best.

"...even though its html"

Is it? Then where do the graphics come from? All the pages are rendered through php, who puts the html in that php code?

I suggest you learn a little more about these things before making erroneous blanket comments like this.

The image that you convey to your site's visitors (potential buyers) greatly impacts your site's ultimate success. Even $300 shopping cart scripts require additional customization in order to set you apart from your competitors. Rarely, if ever, will you find an out-of-the-box script that performs every function that you specifically need while uniquely projecting the professional image you want to convey.

$60 is a very reasonable fee for a custom html template; to include CubeCart integration makes it an exceptional fee. To create something that is truly unique and designed to specifically meet your requirements takes time and knowledge. You have the option of performing this work on your own for free or contracting a modder or designer to do it for you at a fee.

Guest twisted

Install and Configure cubecart - phpwebsitetemplates.com

sciulli, that in itself is a pretty useful mini-tutorial on how to install and configure cubecart.

Its something I would even recommend to first time users. :D

Those are some nice templates you have there for cubecart.

[email protected]...

My store is a live site, please do not place any more test or nonsense orders. Thank you.

Thank you Twisted. Tutorial was initially written for my new clients (easier than repeating the info multiple times).

Ditto for your site. Nice CubeCart layout restructuring. Been meaning to PM you, but have to finish current projects first.