Adding new Product Conditions

I am new to CubeCart and was wondering if it is easy to add additional Product Conditions to the existing list of New, Used and Refurbished?

I can see where I can change the code in Admin/Skins/Default/Templates/Product.Index.php but by adding lines here will that give me the options or is there some way I have to change the database itself?

Any help would be appreciated.

regards

Tony E.

Looks like those options are just hardcoded into the admin product template, yes, which means you wouldn't be able to change them on the database. Should be able to just add more on the template you found, it stores the text directly by the looks of it. That will give you the extra options on there without any bother

What I'd do, is try adding one and see if that works on wherever it gets pulled out (may only be on product feeds, can't see it on the product template)

If it comes through as blank, what you'll need to do is set up a new language variable to match it

So if you added say.. broken

<option value="broken" {if $PRODUCT.condition == 'broken'}selected="selected"{/if}>{$LANG.catalogue.condition_broken}</option>

With condition_broken just saying Broken or whatever you wanted.

Just adding the line with a different option value did not seem to work.

I got another item on the list but it was empty.

But in addition it seemed to affect the Type and Image columns on the Admin Control Panel.

I might try just overwriting New and Used with something else and see if that works?

Thanks

Tony E.