Catalogue Import/Export of Product Options

Guest RitaL

Guest RitaL

I have spent the last several days hammering cubecart - it seems to do everything I want, with one exception.

I have created some test products. Some of these have product options (e.g. size, colour, etc.). When I use the Inventory->ExportCatalogue what gets included in the exported CSV file is a subset of the full product attributes, and doesn't include the product options.

I have also tried defining products in a CSV file & using Inventory->ImportCatalogue (uisng the same format as generated by ExportCatalogue) to confirm I can create products via this method - but (of course) I don't have the information as to how to include product options.

Background

=========

I want to import information from the catalogue of a drop-shipping company. This company provides their catalogue via XML pages. I have written a program to parse their XML & generate a suitably formatted CSV which I can import into cubecart via Inventory->ImportCatalogue - and this works - except, of course, I don't know how to deal with product options. With a 4000+ product inventory (ignoring options) this is not something I want to enter by hand!

I had initially( & incorrectly) assumed product options might be dealt with in the same way as the "Master Category" field in the CSV file.

I am reluctantly coming to the conclusion that hacking the PHP is the way to go - but am hoping someone will come back with a "all you have to do is..." to save me the bother!

I have started looking at admin\sources\products.export.inc.php & can see product options are simply not considered here (I have yet to examine the import equivalent).

P.S. I can accept that I may have to manually (or at least separately) define the set(s) of product options that need to be offered - this is a much smaller job that manually entering the whole catalogue. My XML parser could be modified to generate a list of "option sets".

I'd like to resolve this before my 14 day trial licence expires - things will become more awkward after that.