hiccups creating a new language (en-AU)

Veronica

I just managed to make a new language - UK English is close enough, except that County should be State and VAT Registration Number would be better as ABN.

First I tried copying en-US.xml and cutting and pasting the relevant bits from definitions.xml - which should have been alright, except I think the field: 'introduced="6.0.0" ' was fouling it up so that the Languages page in the admin interface wouldn't load.

Then Deleted that attempt and saw the Create Language tab in the Languages admin interface - which was really great, but the xml generated the tags <locale>en-AU</locale> which should have been <code>en-AN</code>.  It mostly seemed to work, but the links to edit, download and delete the language were truncated so only served to reload the languages page.  ALso the flag didn't work - I had uploaded a flag png through cpanel.

But after changing "locale" to "code" in my cpanel's text editor it works better.

Still haven't got a successful test run to see if ABN replaces VAT REgistration Number on the generated invoices, but feeling a lot closer.

I found a better angle to customize the printed receipt to conform with Australian requirements - making a custom skin.

See this article in the Knowledge Base

It's easy to copy the foundation directory in skins and rename things.  The receipt is in the templates directory with separate files for the print receipt and the receipt that comes up as part of the webpage.

Proper Tax Invoices, here we come!