Incompleted Sales: An Informal Survey

I'm still relatively new to CubeCart, with only one installation so far (many more planned, but I'm holding out for CC3). That aside, the client I have installed CC for often times finds PayPal orders in the queue, without a corresponding PayPal payment. I'd imagine that a number of these might occur by customers who become confused during the process, and might believe their order is complete before the final PayPal confirmation page and redirect back to CC. Any heavy CC/PayPal users care to share your experience with this, and what you do when such orders appear?

Likewise, and yes I suppose I should put this in a separate message, I know there are several gateways to other credit card merchant services providers, but which is the most seemless when it comes to CC? Has anyone switched from PayPal to another service and found a dramatic decrease in incompleted orders?

My client is generally happy with CubeCart, and I'm impressed beyond words with Brooky and the community that supports this great script. I would like to be able to reduce the number of incomplete orders, or determine what causes them (browser settings, etc.) so that I can include the information for customers (i.e. cookies and JavaScript must be enabled, pop-up blockers turned off, etc.).

Any help or stats appreciated. Thanks!