tax question

i've heard a few different answers to this...wanting to know what the 100% right one is.

so if i have an online store based in houston, tx...does that mean the only people i can charge tax to is other texas residents? that's what i was told my another member on here, but that doesn't seem correct because i order a lot of stuff online and im pretty sure i've been taxed everytime and i know they all can't be located in texas.

just curious to know because when you're dealing with a store that sells plasma tv's anywhere from $2500-$14,000 tax is kind of an important issue ;)

When selling online you have to charge sales tax in any state you have a physical presence. For Example:

You order an item from company "A" in Colorado but they have a store in Texas, you will have to pay sales tax.

If you order from a company that has no stores or offices in the state you reside in then you pay no sales tax.

When selling online you have to charge sales tax in any state you have a physical presence. For Example:

You order an item from company "A" in Colorado but they have a store in Texas, you will have to pay sales tax.

If you order from a company that has no stores or offices in the state you reside in then you pay no sales tax.

so this store's only location is in texas...so only texas residents pay tax?