My First Design

Hey All

Just thought I would annouce my first design for a client.

The orignal website can be found in english here: http://www.gbasp.org/shopen

My design can be found (in dutch) by Clicking Here.

I will be updating the english version of the website to the new design within the next 2 days.

If anyone is interested in a cubecart extreme redesign please PM me.

Just a couple comments:

1) I hate when music automatically plays when I view a site. I'd suggest leaving it turned off with the option of turning it on if a customer wants to hear it.

2) The screen does not extend to the bottom of my display on the home page. You've got a 2 cm gap between your footer and the bottom of my page. Extending to the bottom would make it look much better, in my opinion.

3) That header takes a while to load each time I change pages... Likewise, every time I turn off the sound and then change pages, it reloads and the sound plays again. (Mind you, on some page, you don't have sound activated, even though the graphic shows that it's playing)

Guest twisted

! bookers comments:

1) agree 110%

2) it goes all the way to the bottom on mine booker [course, he could have fixed that since yesterday]

3) ditto. There are very few people who will hang around that loooooonnnnnngggggg for a page to load. Very bad for a commercial site.

Additionally...re the so-called "English" version. 50% of the page is still in dutch.

And the english that WAS there was badly spelled and grammatically appalling.

The design itself is great...but these other points are things you [or at least the client] really need to address.

hey booker? did you vote in the poll? [Turn off the sound] lol. I did.

:rolleyes:

hey booker? did you vote in the poll? [Turn off the sound] lol. I did.

:rolleyes:

Didn't notice the poll on my first visit. I voted this time though :wacko:

Issue #2 appears to be fixed. I don't see the gap at the bottom anymore.

But the music has got to go!!

Hey Guys

I put the design in place, the client requested that the music stays, but we are just trialing it out.

I'm not responsable for the dutch too!

Looks really good sound well i agree it should go.....

only other point i would like to make is i am on broadband and it took a long time to load if i was dial up i would have gone might be an idea to just have a link to a basic store let the coustomer decide if he/she wants the music and the long load time....

as for the music its self if this is part of the flash then this would be what is slowing it down so much i think it is in mp3 format (could be wrong) if it is that is what is causing long load time for me as my isp dont like mps for some reason lol...