my Store

Guest cntgifts

no offence, but i dont think that changing the logo warrants going in the 'show off' forum... apart from that, theres no noticable differences from an out-of-the-box cubecart. Might i suggest taking a look at Twisted's site here: Designs Cubed and if not purchasing one of his excellent designs, at least use them for inspiration... see the potential for cubecart... still a long way to go IMHO

Guest stijnj

no offence, but i dont think that changing the logo warrants going in the 'show off' forum... apart from that, theres no noticable differences from an out-of-the-box cubecart. Might i suggest taking a look at Twisted's site here: Designs Cubed and if not purchasing one of his excellent designs, at least use them for inspiration... see the potential for cubecart... still a long way to go IMHO

Offcourse 'we' <- the old guard , are used to see heavy modded or designed stores.I remember the first show-off contri's where just plain out-of the box cubecart-stores filled with products.

The show-off contri CAN also be a 'I'm proud to have my store up and running- and don't need mods or a wicked design' orgasme :rolleyes:

so welcome aboard cntgifts and hope your business will do well.

Well, you do have a lot of products...

But they don't seem to be following any set pattern. Baby goods, Magazines, Electronics, Food, Gifts, Health, and Home? Where is the common denominator? Who are you targetting for your customers?

Now, even if you do have a business plan to market these goods to consumers, I think you have also got to make a good impression with your site. The default cubecart is not a bad thing, but it does nothing to enhance your product selection.

A couple of other points:

- Do a search on these forums for fixing your thumbnails. They are really low quality right now and there are ways to improve this.

- If your site is only going to be in English, remove the languages box. (A search on the forums will get results for this too.)

- You had better figure out a better method for taking orders before you go live. Telling your customers to email you the order so you can figure out the shipping charges is not good enough in this day and age.

Guest cntgifts

i fixed the thumbnails and removed the laguage box

thansk for the suggestions i am new to this and could use all the help i could get

As for the products its a gift store we have a little bit of everything