CubeCart 3 Installation Guide

Attached (see bottom of this post) is the installation instruction guide for CubeCart 3.

It was written using v3.0.0-Alpha2, and future versions may appear slightly different, though i will try to keep things updated as much as i can :P

[EDIT] Updated spelling error [/EDIT]

CubeCart_3_Install_Guide.pdf

Edited by shop.lightspeed.net.au

Nicely done my friend, you think you can write an install guide for manual install too, or add it into this one? I have seen a few people wanting to run it on apachefriends and you HAVE to do a manual install for that.....

oh... 1 minor error in your guide: STEP 5: deleting the install folder

You now MUST delete the install folder from your web server. It is a MAJR

security risk, and cubecart will not function while it still exists.

:P

Mobie

I havent done a manual install myself yet, but i guess theres no time like the present :P

And thanks for pointing that out - i guess that proves you shouldnt try and do stuff like that at 3am :D

• 1 month later...
Guest Flex-A-Lex

I've been trying to install vr.3 and I'm having a very hard time. I've downloaded your pdf guide and it does a good job at explaining things, except the one issue I'm having - namely which files go in which folders and directories when you upload everything. Is there some sort of guide that documents that? Thanks for any help.

The main directory (Called "Upload" in the download package) can be called anything, and just leave the files and folders under it in where they are when you download the package.