Can't login to admin section

Guest trunksssj

Guest trunksssj

Hello, I just installed cube cart using fantastico and for some reason I can't login to the admin section of the site, can anyone help me out, thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Guest robgo777

I am sure there is someone here who can charge you to help fix this problem, but let me give it a try for FREE...

Can you post your site information here:

Need your cubecart installation url, admin username and password.

Rob

Guest robgo777

You want them to post their admin username and password?

passwords can be changed, how else can we test out the settings?

Rob

DO NOT post passwords and sensitive information on these public boards.

If you decide that you would like to have someone from these board try to help you, it is recommended that you send any private information outside of these forums.

The PM (Private Messaging) feature of these boards is a good means of establishing initial communication, but passwords etc. send via PM are at your own risk.

A few points that may help you consider choosing someone to help you from these forums.

Do they have a link to their own site?

What is their site like?

Are they listed in the 3rd party services section? If so, what is their rating?

Also, look at some of their previous posts and see if you think they appear knowledgable in the area you need assistance on.

Can the question just not be "answered"? I've installed cubecart thru fantastico in the past with no problem - and just installed for my alumni association and am having the same exact problem - an answer is better than "I'll log in and fix it" or I'm sure someone can do this for a fee -- I uninstalled and restarted from scratch - same issue...

Thanks in advance.

yes this can just be answered all u have to do is search and u will find

this whole charge to fix it is beginning to wind me up now who in this forum charges to fix problems?

as i tried to explain to robgo777 after replying to an email he sent me slating us all, we charge for the mods we produce.

most of us check this forum several times a day and help as many people as we can as quoted b4 i love cubecart cos i dont have to pay a web designer so we help where we can for free

however if u want more from ur cart or 2 stand out a bit u will have to fork a couple $$'s not a lot when you consider wot u would pay in the real world

kaelin - unfortunately, there is insufficient information supplied for a definite fix to be provided.

like evilhomer says, a search would yield some possible answers, I have posted a fix for this type of problem more than once and saztar has a password reset mod in the downloads that might fix it.

hope this helps

Guest billmc

Hi All,

Also just had the admin section not available after a manual install.

The problem appears to be in the sql file, not the CC script .

I had to strip all the latest_ prefixes in the db.sql file before I could access the admin area. Not sure whether this is the problem originally posted but is similar :innocent:

hth

billmc

I fixed it

added two .htaccess files

one under my orders directory

and one under orders/admin

pphp_flag register_globals on

That took care of the problem --

Thanks

well done

now thats what this forum is all about

have a problem ask

if we cant help have a go yourself

if you fix the problem u still take the time out to come back and post ur fix for future reference for others

so again well done and thank you.

I just installed the latest CUBECART onto an OS X Tiger Server install. I can now see the store, but I cannot login to the admin section. I do not understand which files the previous user added. What is the default admin user and password anyway? Can this be changed directly in the mySQL database? Help?

When I enter url http://localhost/upload/admin/ , it was successful. But with many errors like on the header :

Warning: open(f:\tmp\sess_94d95f080bb8372aa2a7ac4cfa4e1e43, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\home\localhost\public_html\upload\admin\login.php on line 30

And on the bottom :

Warning: open(f:\tmp\sess_94d95f080bb8372aa2a7ac4cfa4e1e43, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (f:\tmp) in Unknown on line 0

And also No administration session was found. And theres username and password. When I enter username : root , with blank password. This comes out :

Warning: open(f:\tmp\sess_94d95f080bb8372aa2a7ac4cfa4e1e43, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\home\localhost\public_html\upload\admin\login.php on line 30

MySQL Error Occured

1146: Table 'store.cubecart_admin_users' doesn't exist

QUERY = SELECT adminId FROM CubeCart_admin_users WHERE username = 'root' AND password = 'd41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e'

Warning: open(f:\tmp\sess_94d95f080bb8372aa2a7ac4cfa4e1e43, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (f:\tmp) in Unknown on line 0

how to fix? please help

• 2 weeks later...
Guest majorsky

I had the same issue and I was looking for an answer, and I have seen that many people tried the cookie thing that did not work for me, or htaccess....anyway...here it goes what I did.

I was debugging the login.php file to try to see where the issue lies...and I am still trying to figure this one out (I am just gaining experience interpreting someone else's code), but I discover at least something to make it work while I was debugging. Before I continue with the solution...yes my debug method consists of writing a bunch of "die (here);" sentences <_<

Anyway, go to the admin/login.php and search for this code:

if($result == TRUE) {

$_SESSION['ccAdmin'] = $result[0]['adminId'];

// update no logins

$increment['noLogins'] = "noLogins+1";

$result = $db->update($config['dbprefix']."CubeCart_admin_users", $increment, "adminId=".$result[0]['adminId'],$stripQuotes="");

if(isset($_GET['goto']) && !empty($_GET['goto'])){

header("Location: ".urldecode($_GET['goto']));

} else {

header("Location: ".$GLOBALS['rootRel']."admin/index.php");

}

Now place this right after this code and before the else statement

die ("here");

I know it is NOT A DEFINITE CLEAN solution but at least I was able to get in the admin area. Once I know what is going exactly, I will return to you!

Hope it helps!

Clauz

Guest majorsky

It is me again!

Ok, I think I know what's going on....I have noticed in some developments of mine, that for some strange reason, sometimes the sentence "header (Location:....") is ignored and the execution goes on like if that sentence was not there at all...so for those who applied my "die (here)" solution...take that out cos it is not clean and instead insert an "exit;" after the "header (Location:....")

So basically, you get this in the admin/login.php:

if(isset($_GET['goto']) && !empty($_GET['goto'])){

header("Location: ".urldecode($_GET['goto']));

exit; // -->added

} else {

header("Location: ".$GLOBALS['rootRel']."admin/index.php");

exit; //--> added

}

Greetings to you all!

Clauz