Just a quick question

Guest ChrissieP

Guest ChrissieP

Nothing serious, just curious as to how i actually get the payment from Visa and Mastercards, etc.

How do I get it from when the users submit their card, to my bank account, where does it go?

Nothing serious, just curious as to how i actually get the payment from Visa and Mastercards, etc.

How do I get it from when the users submit their card, to my bank account, where does it go?

you need to have a merchant accout, from there depending on your agreement with them they will deposit it into your bank 2 days later or 1 time a week minus their fees. With a merchant account you have multiple fees; first a setup fee of $99 (other fees may apply too) then there are the monthly gateway($25), monthly statement ($10), per transaction%(2.5%), per transaction set fee($0.35) and others...

If you sign up with PayPal (clickable link) (FREE) you basically create a bankaccount witht them and the money in that account you can transfer to your bank (FREE, takes 4-5 days) or if you live in the US you can request an ATM/Visa debitcard and withdrawal the money straight from that account, ofcourse fees apply (basic atm fees). Fees that PayPal (clickable link) charges you are 1.65% per transaction and $0.35 per transaction.... that is it, all and nothing else on top of that!

Fees that PayPal charges you are 1.65% per transaction and $0.35 per transaction.... that is it, all and nothing else on top of that!

PayPal fees are currently sliding scale, based on how much volume you do:

$0.00-$3,000.00 USD ... 2.9% plus $0.30 USD Transaction Fee

$3,000.01-$10,000.00 USD ... 2.5% plus $0.30 USD Transaction Fee

$10,000.00-$100,000.00 USD ... 2.2% plus $0.30 USD Transaction Fee

$100,000.01 USD ... 1.9% plus $0.30 USD Transaction Fee

I am unaware of any means of getting the rate below 1.9%.

Fees that PayPal charges you are 1.65% per transaction and $0.35 per transaction.... that is it, all and nothing else on top of that!

PayPal fees are currently sliding scale, based on how much volume you do:

$0.00-$3,000.00 USD ... 2.9% plus $0.30 USD Transaction Fee

$3,000.01-$10,000.00 USD ... 2.5% plus $0.30 USD Transaction Fee

$10,000.00-$100,000.00 USD ... 2.2% plus $0.30 USD Transaction Fee

$100,000.01 USD ... 1.9% plus $0.30 USD Transaction Fee

I am unaware of any means of getting the rate below 1.9%.

ouch i was under the impression it was only 1.65... hmm need to check up on that :P

• 4 months later...

does anyone know the cheapest method of performing online transactions ??

Is it still Paypal ???

Does CC 3.0.2 work with Paypal without any problems ??

Rich :innocent: