V3 email sending by system

has anyone worked this one out - I have read a few posts about it but no resolution.

I had success in the "email customers" mail out (using SMTP but not mail()) but no luck with "I forgot my password" or "register new user".

mark

• 3 months later...

has anyone worked this one out - I have read a few posts about it but no resolution.

I had success in the "email customers" mail out (using SMTP but not mail()) but no luck with "I forgot my password" or "register new user".

mark

I'm using a local thumb drive which is running mambo and CC 3.0.2 - I'm having problems sending emails to customers from the admin panel. If I use mail () I get an error and if I use SMTP it tells me its either sent or just hangs saying its sending, but never completes.

In either case no emails are sent.. How did you resolve your email sending for the newsletter ????????

Yes I also have this problem and more - if I ask to download email adresses I have downloaded not .txt file containing adresses but login.php file. What we need to do? */*

Guest tbladecki

I am using ver 3.0.2 both on my "live" site and locally for testing and have not had any problems using mail() it works fine for the "I lost" thing, orders, etc... I have not changed anything for the original files.. maybe it is somthing that got messed upon install. I really do not know.

I tried using the mail () option again in the general settings and then attempted to email my customers..

I get the following error:

Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in Z:\www\I-Capture\classes\htmlMimeMail.php on line 671

And then when I use SMTP in the general settings I either get a message saying its gone through (although no email arrives) or it hangs saying its sending but it never completes.

Is there anyone out there that can help me on this one.. I would love to get this email function working.

I can post my htmlMimeMail.php file or PM it to anyone that wants to take a look

Thanks

Rich

• 2 years later...