forgot password screen does not send email

For some reason (which I can't find) the emails won't send. I have this work around which replaces STORE/includes/content/forgotPass.inc.php and which also sends an email copy to the store owner (minus the password).

I can't say it's a bug, prob a config on my side but blowed if I can find it. Anyone know the real issue?

mark.

forgotPass.inc.php

Guest russellarmand

Is the problem isolated to the password reminder email, or is it widespread? For instance, if you register and and then update your profile, you should receive an email notice.

I have same problem, I have no mails form shop:( When sendig forgot password, when mailing to registered users:( I try to use both mail() and smtp sendig.

When use mail() everythig seem to ok, but have no mail.

When use smtp, I have error message

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to localhost:25 (Connection refused) in /DISK3/WWW/skating.cz/www/store/classes/smtp.php on line 87

Warning: set_time_limit() [function.set-time-limit]: Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /DISK3/WWW/skating.cz/www/store/classes/RFC822.php on line 159

but my host in smtp.php isn't set to local host.

• 1 year later...
Guest aprilkerr

I am having this problem too.

My email details are all properly set up in the admin section as I am able to send a bulk email so I know (I think) that shouldn't be the cause.

I have got the latest version - 3.0.12.

my site is: www.paradiseimports.co.uk/wholesalejewellery

April

• 2 weeks later...

It is not working on mine either. Been waiting a 1/2 hour just to make sure it's not my server being problematic, but it's not sending it. Other mails work, i.e. orders and bulk. It is just the password section. Now I have a new password on my test account and it's not working.

I know I can reset it in phpmyadmin with a hash, but thats a temp fix, what if one of my customers does this and they can't get their new password?

Could someone please look into this? I am also using 3.12

Thank you.