Seperate Trade/Wholesale login?

Guest clothahump

Guest clothahump

I know it is possible to run multiple stores from one DB but is it possible to have one store with seperate login for Trade?Wholesale customers?

It would need a seperate pricing structure and registration confirmation by admin.

Can anybody help out in this?

I have a client of mine who wants to have a kind of a mod installed so that a retailer can login and see only the prices for Retailers. On the same site this time if a Wholesaler logins in he will see only see (or have access) to prices for Wholesalers only.

Is there a mode or a way for this?

Pretty desperate!!!!!!

I think we've posted something like this before on the forums here. Have you tried searching for this?

I know it's not that difficult to do. You wouldn't need separate logins for this. All you need is a setting, through your admin panel, where you can set the status of your customer as either a regular customer, a retail customer, or a wholesale customer. Then, wherever a price is listed, you will need to edit the code so that *if* the customer is a regular customer, it shows the regular price. *IF* the customer is a retale customer, it shows the retail price. And *if* the customer is a wholesale customer, it shows the wholesale price.

The current version meaning version 3? Not that I know of... I haven't been doing much testing with version 3 though... My site is version 2.0.7 so I'm much more familiar with that version.

Hi Booker

Where in the admin panel I can set the status of my customers? Is there a mod for this as I do not see any fields in this section.

BTW I have implemented your Mod Show prices for logged in users only very successfully but still does not give me what I am after.

This would need to be done via a mod. I thought it was already posted here somewhere though, which is why I didn't really go into detail. Have you tried to search for it?

Guest twisted

No...admin AND storefront mod. You need to add the ability in admin to set the status of a customer, and then mod the storefront so that it shows 1 of 3 prices depending on the visitors status.

The price for logged in users only mod, only goes part way to achieving what you want.

Have you checked out qdpies Group Options Discount mod? I believe this might satisfy most of your requirements.

http://cube.qdpie.com

If you have a problem paying for the tools of your trade, can you really consider yourself a business-person??

The people that create mods have to put food on the table just as much as anyone.

- Alan

You know.. cubecart is not open source. Why should the mods people create for it, using their own time and energy, be free?

That said though, 99% of my mods *are* free, and can be found in the downloads area. If I haven't made a mod that you require though, don't expect me to jump at the chance to help you. I give a lot of help on these boards, in my spare time. Unpaid.

I don't always have time (especially nowadays), to be working out new mods that don't help me at all. For this mod, for example, I have no use for it on my own site. So I don't want to spend my limited spare time working on a mod that will not benefit me in any way. This includes something that I can use on my own site, or something that I can get paid for (if even at a minimal price). What I have done, above, is point you in the right direction. Twisted, likewise, has helped clarify my help. If that doesn't help you enough to work out a mod on your own, and if you can't get someone else to work it out for you, then expect to pay someone to do this *job*.

Guest twisted

Furthermore, 3rd party mods are not released under the GNU, unless the authors choose to do so. Therfore, they don't HAVE to be free.

As booker said, some of us do this for a living, or at least, to help supplement an income. "Thank you" doesn't get the bills paid.

Just TRY making a mod yourself...even a simple one. Even simple ones can take hours of not just coding, but testing and bug finding, re-coding, testing some more......et al

Given the time that goes into mods...some of the prices charged for them are VERY reasonable. $25 is really not a lot of money.

to reply to the original question.

a group discount mod (such as qdpies) works on a % discount principle. Would this suffice for your purposes or do you need another set of prices?

bear in mind that maintaining two sets of prices would be double the work!

anyone else interested in such a mod, what id your opinion?

ref to paying for mods

heres an example for you my last client was quoted £8,000 for his web site from a web design company now ok they would of built it from scratch but,

he downloaded cubecart and spent about £100 on mods to get the cart to do exactly what he wanted hmmm hang on lets do the maths here

£8000 original cart

- £100 cubecart

= £7900 he saved

now if u r serious in business thats a lot of money in your first year of trading to save.

to reply to the original question.

a group discount mod (such as qdpies) works on a % discount principle. Would this suffice for your purposes or do you need another set of prices?

bear in mind that maintaining two sets of prices would be double the work!

anyone else interested in such a mod, what id your opinion?

I can use that my self.. 3 prices costormer, reseller, Whole Seller..

Guest simoncox

I could certainly use a retailer and wholesaler options - in Version 3 though.

My client I am going to use CC for is a manufacturer and although they supply retail shops with products they also want to also sell on-line. At the same time the retailers would love to be able to put in orders for the products on-line - in this case the prices are negotiated with each retailer so this would be for restocking only and the prices need not be shown. Also the ability to show some stock to retailers only, not the general public, would be very beneficial.

And thanks for pointing out that MOD! I don't mind at all about paying money for mods if they are of good quality - after all this is a ecommerce package - not a hobby toy - and my client is expecting to make a good return on his investment!

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ThePaulius

qdpies Group Options Discount mod DOES NOT work with v3 - ive just bought it and ive contacted him, and its true, it was written for v2.

:rolleyes:

Guest simoncox

I just had a mail from Michael as well and his qdpies Group Options Discount mod is V2 only and he is not porting it to V3.

Any other Mods that will do this?