Multiple images for products

Guest Cyberious

Guest Cyberious

First off, I have to say I LOVE THE TEMPLATE SYSTEM!!!

Now for my question: Is it possible to edit the php to allow for 2 or 3 images per product? At least 2?

Customers may want to see front and back of a product, such as a shirt.

I was wondering what files would need to be edited to add this feature...

I'm thinking /filemanager/upload.php and browse.php?

Not sure what else at this point...

Thanks!

You can already put more than one image for a product then under the original picture. CC3 will display more images text under the product, and the customer can click the picture to see more. Is this not what feature you are looking for.

Guest Cyberious

How do you add another image for a product?

I tried clicking on 'View Products' and then 'Edit' next to the product, and all it does is replace the original image...

Did I miss something? Is it another area perhaps?

thanks ~

Guest twisted

From your admin, click on the view products link.

In the page that comes up, you are presented with a table thats lists all your products. In the middle is the thumbnial image for your rpoduct. UNDERNEATH that thumbnail, is a link, "Manage Images", if you click that link, it opens a popup window displaying all the other images you have in your uploads folder. You can then select any other iamge to be displayed WITH the current one [via the "more images" link, that is].

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest chantesse

I just tried this feature. When I go to the store and click on the More Images icon, I get a pop-up box and Page not Found error.

[ ADDED ] So I logged this in Flyspray under someone else's log of a similar issue:

--------------------------------------------------

I also have this at Cubecart 3.09. In Admin / View Products I use Manage Images to add an image to a product that already has one base image. On viewing the shop, I now see the "More Images" link. On clicking on it "The page cannot be found" in a popup box. Properties of the link are: java script:openPopUp('extra/prodImages.php?productId=72', 'images', 548, 455, 0); which is pointing to the correct product number.

Assistance to diagnose this would be appreciated: In which table & field do I check that the 2nd image reference has been stored? With this info I can check step by step what is going wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried this feature. When I go to the store and click on the More Images icon, I get a pop-up box and Page not Found error.

[ ADDED ] So I logged this in Flyspray under someone else's log of a similar issue:

--------------------------------------------------

I also have this at Cubecart 3.09. In Admin / View Products I use Manage Images to add an image to a product that already has one base image. On viewing the shop, I now see the "More Images" link. On clicking on it "The page cannot be found" in a popup box. Properties of the link are: java script:openPopUp('extra/prodImages.php?productId=72', 'images', 548, 455, 0); which is pointing to the correct product number.

Assistance to diagnose this would be appreciated: In which table & field do I check that the 2nd image reference has been stored? With this info I can check step by step what is going wrong.

Just tried this myself and got the same respons ("The page cannot be found" in a popup box).

After reloading the productpage it worked fine however!

Maybe too simple but give it a try!

• 1 month later...
Guest Tammy Hargreaves

From your admin, click on the view products link.

In the page that comes up, you are presented with a table thats lists all your products. In the middle is the thumbnial image for your rpoduct. UNDERNEATH that thumbnail, is a link, "Manage Images", if you click that link, it opens a popup window displaying all the other images you have in your uploads folder. You can then select any other iamge to be displayed WITH the current one [via the "more images" link, that is].

Thanks very much, i have been trying for weeks to upload more than one image, your directions are GRRRREAT.

Thanks again :w00t: