naming new fields

Guest julielc

Guest julielc

I have added new fields on my registration form. The fields are all working ok but how do I name them. Do I do it just as you would when making a form, or are the names embeded somewhere to be changed.

The un-altered fields still have their names, but my new fields don't.

By naming the fields you need to make sure you 'pass' those names to the next page on clicking 'submit'. You can give it any name as long as you don't use a name that is already in use........

• 1 year later...

I was wondering how to change the name of a currant field? If I rename "county" to "county/district" it applies better to non-us addresses.

Which files do I need to edit, and in how many places? I assume I have to change it in more than one place?

• 8 months later...
Guest susanfrancis

I also need to do this.I'm in canada, and need to change county to province- i have done this in reg.tpl , reg.inc.php and lang.inc. now i have no text ie Provinces, for that area of the registration form, so i obviously need to change something else. can anyone point me in the right direction?