Search box and submit button alignment

Guest ccmd

Guest ccmd

Hey guys,

Tried and tried, but can't seem to find a way to correct the uneven display alignment between the search box and the "go" submit button.

search2.jpg

I actually had hoped to just move the thing down into the category box, but, because my catnavi.php file is modded, the instructions I found here don't work. Anyhow, here's my catnavi code. Could someone have a look and show me how? THNX

* File Info: cat_navi.php

* Purpose: Displays The Category Links Navigation

* Updated: 31/07/2003

if(!function_exists("sb")){

exit;

}

$sql_select = mysql_query( "SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."store_category where cat_father_id = 0 order by category");

// start border

sb("140","$la_cat_navi_category",$colour_1,$bg_colour);

// list Top-Level navigation

echo"<form name=\"form1\"><select name=\"indexlist\" onChange=\"go(this)\">";

echo"<option selected value=\"index.php\">Please Select:</option>";

echo"<option value=\"index.php\">Store Home</option>";

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($sql_select))

{

$cat_id_list = $row["cat_id"];

$category = $row["category"];

echo"<option value=\"index.php?cat_id=$cat_id_list \">$category</option>";

}

if($sale=="Y")

{

echo"<option value=\"sale_cat.php\">$la_sale_items</option>";

}

echo"</select></form>";

// end border

eb($bg_colour,$colour_1);

?>

[code/]

Guest ccmd

Hi evilhomer,

I was actually trying to work it out like in this post reply by you about the search function. It has link where twisted gives instructions for moving the function into the subhead in the cat box.

ok.....this has been covered many many times b4 and I have even asked brooky to update the files so this would not be an issue any more.... Change he width of 110 into 220 inthe below code in header.inc.php:

<td width="110" colspan="2" valign="middle" align="right">

<!-- start search table -->

Guest ccmd

Hi Mobie,

Sorry if I missed those posts. Anyhow, I had gone in and tweaked those header file settings, and I did it again just you said, but to no effect. Then I copied the code into an html editor and came up with this, which did the trick:

<!-- start search table -->

<table valign='top' width="110" align='right' valign='middle' height='56' border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr align='right'>

<td width="548" height='56' align="center"><b><?echo$la_header_search?></b>&nbsp;</td>

<td width="164" height='56' align="center">

<input name="search" class="textbox" type="text" size="15" maxlength="60"></td>

<td width="120" height='56' align="center">

<input type="submit" class="submit" value='<?echo$la_go;?>' border="0" name="submit"></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- end search table -->

</td>

</tr>

<tr width="220">

<td width="110" align="center" height="24" background="<?echo"$site_url/";?>images/tab.gif" style='cursor:hand;' onclick='window.external.AddFavorite(location.href,document.title);'><a href='#' target='_self'><font class='wht_btn'><?echo$la_add_favorites?></font></a></td>

<td width="110" align="center" height="24" background="<?echo"$site_url/";?>images/tab.gif" style='cursor: hand;' onClick="location.href='control_panel.php'"><a href='control_panel.php' target='_self'><font class='wht_btn'><?echo$la_your_account?></font></a></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- end buttons & search -->

you actually need to change all instances of "110" into "220" starting from here: <!-- start search table --> end ending here <!-- end buttons & search -->