Upgrade from v2.0.7 to v3 final

Guest mypapani

Guest mypapani

hello guys,

it's almost a month now since I downloaded cubecart v2.0.7. It my 1st post, I've asked if I could completely change how cubecart will look.

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index.php?showtopic=8187

Without a little knowledge about cubecart, I managed to change its looks by reading your guides here. (you guys rock!)

Now about upgrading, will it be easy to install and upgrade from v2.0.7 to v3 final? Or do i have to reinstall everything again? Here's the current layout of our store:

papanifinal028cu.th.jpg

Thank you very much and more power to you guys!

You could upgrade when final is released but if you have alot of mods i wouldn't recommend. If you are modded out i would reinstall and have the layout designed for V3 it wouldn't be hard to do.

I agree with redhatking you will lose ur mods when upgrading unless u recode.

points 2 remember tho

1. cc3 has most of cc2 mods built in already.(check 2 c if it includes 1's u r using)

2. I believe the graphical guru Mr Twisted has already built a cc3 template for v2 for someone so maybe chuck him an email if you want that layout in ur cc2.

Hope this helps

Guest twisted

I did have somebody ask for one, altohugh they never followed thu on it.

Understand that it is simply a v.2 store. made to LOOK like v.3

It does not WORK like v.3...it still only has v.2 functionality. Which, of course, means all your v.2 mods will work with it.