XML errors after upgrade

Guest raceinc

Guest raceinc

I downladed and upgraded my 3.0 Beta to 3.0 Final today. I have encountered a few glitches along the way.

1.) The front page of the store HAD an image and text on it, but they got wiped out with the upgrade. No biggie. I can type in the text and add the image again with minimal effort. Right?

Well, I can add the text just fine.

When I am in the admin area and choose Document>Homepage it brings up the FCK Editor as expected.

When I select "insert image", it brings up a popup window to browse for the desired image, but then pops up an XML error - "XML request error: Unknown (12152)".

I click o.k. to acknowledge the error and am left with the option to browse for an image to upload. I am able to browse my local machine and select an image. I choose 'upload' and the process never completes. It just sits there forever, telling me "upload in progress, please wait".....

2.) I next tried the "File manager". When selecting manage images, I could see all of the previously uploaded images just fine. I then tried to "upload image" and it appeared to work fine. Now back to the Homepage, select "insert image" again but now when I choose "browse server" it does absolutely nothing. It just hangs there with no error message or progress. I have to cancel out.

3.) In the Beta version of my store, I had multiple images per items. It worked well. With the final version, when I click the "[+] More Images" at the bottom of the main item photo, I am greeted with a message that says "Forbidden 403... The document you are requesting is forbidden..."

Using the "View products" area and then "manage images", the software thinks that the additional images are still there because I am only allowed to "remove" them, but yet the are not accesable to the customer.

4.) In the Beta version, neither the customer nor the store manager received email notofications. Now, in the final version, the store owner received a notification of a new order, but the customer still does not.

5.) Shipping. Despite selecting "Disabled" for the "free shipping" option, "free shipping is still what shows up on order forms.

6.) On a positive note - the problem I was having with an Incorrect Order Form is somehow magically fixed with the Final version... :D

Very odd behavior....Any ideas??

Lou

Guest raceinc

Since I apparently like to talk to myself, here's a status update on the various problems I had when upgrading from 3.0 Beta to 3.0 Release.

1.) XML error. Since I'm not a programmer and help was not on the way, I installed CubeCart again - but this time as a fresh install and not an upgrade. XML solved.

2.) File manager issues - with the fresh install I had the same problems BUT I figured out why. Apparently CubeCart is sensitive to the case of the filename extension. It would show me picture.jpg but NOT picture.JPG. If you upload an image with a capitolized filename extension and then try to use it on a product entry page or site document, the file manager does not show it to you. Changed all my files to use lower-case extensions and problem is solved.

3.) "More images" problem - some wonderful person on this forum fixed the problem! See - more images problem fix

4.) Email issues - NO update here. Still the same problem. Customer does not get email when order is placed but store owner does. Customer DOES get email however when store owner does a status update to the order. To my simple mind, this tells me that the email setup is functional and the problem must be with the order processing scripts - but since I'm only a lowly user and not a programmer, I can't help you. :)

To me the email issue would seem to be a very, very important one. This IS an electronic commerce product afterall...

5.) Shipping Issue - I enabled flat rate shipping but did not configure it, then disabled free shipping. Now at least, the customer does not see the words "free shipping' on the order form. Since the store I'm setting up will use a shipping rate table based on order value, I've modified the "Print Order Form" section to show thw rate table until someone adds a rate table module to CubeCart.

6.) New problem - I encountered a problem where the State identifier (for those of us in the USA), did NOT show up during the order form process when using the "Print Order Form" module. I studied the templates and modified the file to include the State identifier (ie - Maryland, Texas, etc.)

Is there any chance that someone might know how to add a drop-down selection list for the state identifier, similar as what is used for country identifiers?

Overall, I really like CubeCart and have looked at all the other storefront options available to me - a first-time storefront user. CubeCart is the choice for me and when these few minor problems get resolved, it will be nearly perfect for my situation.

Thanks for listening to me talk to myself :P

Lou