Weird Messages upon fresh install

It takes something that everyone else can do flawlessly to remind me how inept and stupid I really am.

The insall instructions sure look pretty simple and I think I follwedd them to the letter, but here's what I get when to the final step:

QUOTE:

Warning: main(../admin/includes/functions.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/SITEUSERNAMEHIDDEN/public_html/store/install/index.php on line 101

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../admin/includes/functions.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/SITEUSERNAMEHIDDEN/public_html/store/install/index.php on line 101

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: writeconf() in /home/SITEUSERNAMEHIDDEN/public_html/store/install/index.php on line 184

END QUOTE

If some one here can tell me what I've done wrong and how to correct it, I'd appreciate it. Or, if someone feels confident enough to fix it, PM me and I'll send the access codes.

Are you using cPanel?

Also, are you doing a manual install +, if so, have you been to the the CubeCart site to generate your global_inc.php settings + SQL fields (CubeCart 3.0 Final).

The details for your global_inc.php should be something like the following (note the directory structures).

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'abc_cde';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'whateveryourpasswordis';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'abc_cde';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/yourcpanelusername/public_html/thefolderyouhaveinstalledcubecartinto';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/thefolderyouhaveinstalledcubecartinto/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.yoursite.co.uk/thefolderyouhaveinstalledcubecartinto';

?>

Dont know if this helps, but it does look like you have a bad global_inc.php setup.

I used the included installation script and followed it exactly - and it co-incided with the downloaded installation instructions as well. Yes, I used cPanel to create the db.

I'm not aware of the need to work over the global.php file but I'll check it out.

Where > exactly > or > in > which > directory > is > that > file?

Your global.inc.php file is located in the folderyouinstalledcubecartinto -> includes (or CubeCart_3.0.0 -> upload -> includes if you are working offline).

You might want to redo the CubeCart code generation thing again, because there would have been two items generated when it finished. - One of which should have gone into a new text file (name irrelevant) so that it could be dumped into an empty SQL database to form your CubeCart database, + another that would have looked similar to what I quoted above, which needs to be copied over whatever you have in your global.inc.php (ie: anything that already exists in there should be erased or completely pasted over).

Are you OK with using SQL +, if not, do you have MySQL + PHPMyAdmin on your cPanel (PHPMyAdmin may be located as a small blue link somewhere inside MySQL)?

Yes, my cPanel has all that but I am in over my head and taking on water rapidly when it come to MySQL. Without a step > by > step guide on exactly what to do and in what order, I'm lost when it comes to a problem like this. What frustrates me is I followed the installation system meticulously

I probably should look around for someone who knows what they are doing to fix this. Or, if Fantanstico updates to 3.0, that also would solve the problem - but I have no idea if and when they'll do that.

Right, that's OK. - Don't panic, I "know what I am doing" + providing that you are using CubeCart 3.0 Final you should be just fine (+ it seems you are).

Now that I know what your situation is with SQL I will give you the following:

First of all login to cPanel

Goto MySQL

Delete any + all databases + users created for CubeCart. Don't delete any other databases or user names!

You should see somewhere near the top of the page a line that looks like:

Db: Add Db

In that box enter a name (say cube) + click on the "Add Db" button.

You should now find yourself on a page telling you that the database is now done/made/whatever.

Click on the "Go Back" link or use your browser's back button or the backspace key on your keyboard + you should now see at the top of the page that you have a database that will probably be called yourcpanelname_cube.

Now goto the next section on that page, where it says "Users," + enter a username + password for your SQL database (remember this is not the username + password that you will be using for accessing the admin section of CubeCart later on!

Once you have finished entering a username + password for the above click on the "Add User" button to add what you have just entered as a user for your database.

You should now find yourself on a page telling you that the user that you have just created is now done/made/whatever.

Once again you will need to click on the "Go Back" link or use your browser's back button or the backspace key on your keyboard + you should now see somewhere near the top of the page the following:

User: yourcpanelname_whateverusernameyouchose Db: yourcpanelname_cube

Underneath the above you will see a number of boxes with "Privileges" to the left of them. Check that the box to the left of "All" is ticked.

Underneath the boxes you will see a button entitled "Add User To Db." - Click on this.

You should now find yourself on a page telling you that the user you created has now been added to the database you created (or words to that effect :huh:).

Once again you will need to click on the "Go Back" link or use your browser's back button or the backspace key on your keyboard + you should now see at the top of the page something like:

yourcpanelname_cube

Users in cube

yourcpanelname_whateverusernameyouchose (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)

with options to Delete, Check, + Repair + a whole load of weird gibberish underneath (it is actually very useful + important info but we will pass on that for now :)).

You should now have an empty database + user set up for use with your installation of CubeCart.

Do this + tell me when you're ready for the next bit. - I'm going to grab some breakfast then possibly go for a walk :(.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest woodbtreasures

Hi there...

It appears as if I may be having the same problems here as the OP.

First thing that I did was all the MySQL stuff (user, database and permissions), the I did an FTP install, changed all the permissions, deleted that stupid htaccess file and did a little happy dance because I thought that I'd gotten everything figured out here when I FINALY got the stupid little install script screen to come up! :o

Now on the first page *step one* of the install screen I get this:

Warning: main(../docs/license.htm): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wooddbd/public_html/cubecart/index.php on line 1398

Warning: main(../docs/license.htm): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wooddbd/public_html/cubecart/index.php on line 1398

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../docs/license.htm' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wooddbd/public_html/cubecart/index.php on line 1398

But there is still the box to check "I have read understood and agree to the licence agreement" so I can make it to step #2.

Now on step two the page is an absolute mess and I get all these messages:

CubeCart Installation

Step 2 out of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Step 2 - Check File Permissions

Please make sure the following file permissions are set correctly:

File / Folder Current Permission Required Permission

images/uploads/

Warning: fileperms(): Stat failed for ../images/uploads/ (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/*****/public_html/cubecart/index.php on line 1423

0 0777 Help

images/uploads/thumbs/

Warning: fileperms(): Stat failed for ../images/uploads/thumbs (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/*****/public_html/cubecart/index.php on line 1456

0 0777

includes/global.inc.php

Warning: fileperms(): Stat failed for ../includes/global.inc.php (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/*****/public_html/cubecart/index.php on line 1491

0 0777

Please ensure the file permission are set correctly to continue.

Copyright Devellion Limited 2005. All rights reserved.

Now on the page it shows that all of the permissions are at 777 and I'm really at a loss of what to do from here so if anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciat it.

Sorry for the long post

-Jeremy

Right, first things first.

Get CubeCart 3.0 Final (not the Alpha or Beta c**p) (sorry, but I had a bloody terrible time trying to install these :w00t:).

Set your FTP client to "Auto" transfer mode + upload the contents of the Upload folder to an empty folder where you intend to install CC. - You can install CC into your root folder (the folder where your main index.html file resides), but this can lead to problems later on if you don't want some visiters to your site ending up straight in your shop or should your shop need to go offline for any reason.

The file permissions on your files should all show 644.

Make the following folder permission changes:

images/upload/ (Linux/Unix - Chmod to 0777)

images/upload/thumbs/ (Linux/Unix - Chmod to 0777)

Now visit https://www.cubecart.com/build/ to generate the code for your global.inc.php [normally located in your Includes folder + edited using a text editor (like Notepad)]. - Make sure that any existing code is overwritten by the new code, which you transfer using copy (CTRL-c), + paste (CNTRL-v).

You also want to copy + paste the SQL dump that is generated using the above into a text file (name irrelevant, even the file extension for that matter, as long as the file is in plain text). To use this you then need to login to your cPanel, goto PHPMyAdmin (which may be accessed through the SQL icon), + open a SQL session (look at the icons along the top left of the page) before selecting to import SQL or a SQL database (where you need to select the auto mode of transfer + to point the file selector at the file you have just made in order to import the tables + fields contained in the file).

Your CC installation should now be complete + functional */*.