Windows install... includes/global.inc.php ???

Guest zman

Guest zman

Hello!

I've got CC3 running on a Windows 2000 server box using Apache.

In the Admin Control Panel I'm still getting the message...

WARNING: The main configuration file 'includes/global.inc.php' is writeable and your store is at risk. Please change these permissions to 0644 as soon as possible.

When I got that message the first time I made that file read only. But, still getting the message???

I believe CHMOD 0644 means read/write for owner and read only for group and other. However, there is no Windows equivalent to this setting (that I know of) and making the file read only in Windows is read only for EVERYONE which is the same as CHMOD 0444.

My question is, before I spend anymore time on this (appears to be working OK with my initial testing) is this an issue that is going to crop up later and bite me? Is there a NEED to have this file writeable by only the OWNER?

If there this is indeed not an issue, Brooky might consider looking for either a CHMOD setting of 0644 or 0444 to avoid any future confusion for his smaller Windows based users :whistle:

Also, I did find a snippet using a Google search that seemed to indicate the defualt value assigned to files in Windows is 0644. However, even with nothing selected for the file properties, I'm still getting the error so not sure if that is correct or not?

Thanks!