Confusion: Cubecart = Zencart??

Guest jim88

Guest jim88

I have a bit confusion, after I download cubecart, I see it is Zen cart. So, why do I need to pay for cubecart when zen cart is free?

What additional features are made?

Is it legal to use cubecart as Zen Cart has their own licence?

Please advise.

****** NOTE BY ADMINISTRATOR ******

CubeCart is in no way shape or form a derivative of Zen Cart or OSCommerce.

The code is 100% different.

Edited by jim88

Guest Earth Bizz

Where did you download it from? .. if it was from the download section here you should have cube .. not zen.

If you downloaded from somewhere else then thats your problem as this is the only place to download it ... unless you install from Fantastico.

Cube is free to use but you have to buy a licence to remove the copyright and "Powerd by" notices.

:o

Guest vrakas

Hi there,

i dont know why you should not buy CC3 but its also free and fully fuctioning.

To remove the powered by you must obtain a licence.

Yes you can change the logo on the cart. (perform a search and you will find out how)

I have tryed a few Carts but so far i am more happy with Cube Cart.

What you wish to use is up to you to decide. :o

PS:Since you are here just go to download sections and get the real Cube Cart :)

Guest twisted

And just to clarify.......Cubecart is NOT zencart. No how, no way. Not in any way, shape, or form is it zencart. [Except maybe in zencarts dreams].

I have used both. I know personally that the differences between the 2 carts is HUGE beyond reckoning.

If you are downloading cube, and its unzipping as zen, then all I can say is, friend...you've got problems.

Guest zman

If you didn't make a mistake and you actually downloaded a file named cubecart but got a Zencart instead, I'd notify Brooky of where you got it and the details as this is not cool.