Setup Multi-lanugage Problem

Guest jim88

Guest jim88

I want to setup multi-language in

1. Admin interface

2. Front-end

For item 1, how to do that?

For item 2, I see a language selector. However, for product information, how can I add different language content? I can't find anything to do that when I add product. When I view products, there is a link called "languages", when I click it, it shows "No language variations for this product exist in the database" and does not allow me to enter additional language! ??

Please advise.

• 3 months later...

1) In admin go to general settings and set the default language to the one you wish :blink:

2) In the admin where the products are located look to the right and you can see a lanuage text.

Use that and you can add text for the product in any language that is available in your CC. :)

There is also a mod available for multi-language support in the admin area, Search or have a look in the mod section ;)

Guest bikeman

Can set the default language ok.

I seem to have loads of languages installed. And I can use any of them on my home page text and also the menu text is translated but when I click the langauge link next to a product I get:

No language variations for this product exist in the database.

I am still puzzled.

Guest bikeman

Ok but that's how I provide a translation. But how come my home page text (not just the box headings) translates into Portuguese automatically?

I haven't provided a portuguese translation so how come it is is doing this automatically for this one language and no other?

Can CC3 automatically translate into other languages?

• 3 years later...
Guest dingetje

I must be daft or something, but I don't see any language selection when I use the 'Add New' link? ;)

Any help would be appreciated.

[edit]

Never mind figured it out. You have to use the 'Add New' after you get the message 'No language variations for this product exist in the database.'

[/edit]