Upgradeproblem

Guest Immortalis

Guest Immortalis

I have updated version 3 to Beta-Final. The updating was problem free - almost. After the update I removed the file upgrade.php file from the server. But it still says:

WARNING - Your store will not function until the install directory and/or upgrade.php is deleted from the server.

Why? I can go to admin, but when I go to the store, the message above appears. I have also removed my cache memory and cookies, but that doesn't help.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Guest Immortalis

I now deleted the Cube Cart 3 from my server. I uploaded it again, and this time without any updates to it. But! The problem is still there. There is no problem to view admin section, but as soon as I want to display "Store home" it says:

WARNING - Your store will not function until the install directory and/or upgrade.php is deleted from the server.

Why? Does someone understand this problem? I can't figure it out why this happens.....

Please help, I'm just a newbie... :P

As it says in the message, you need to go thru an FTP program and delete the install directory. Once you do, everything will work fine.

It's a security thing - if you leave it there, someone could re-run the install scripts and overwrite your store and database files.