gateway

Guest emailanj

Guest emailanj

I have been approved for a gateway and install will come soon. When I sent the application they said that there gateway was compatable with almost every cart out there. Can I configure it when I get it to go with cube cart? Or would I be wasting my time setting up cube cart in advance? The gateway is not listed.

Thanks for any and all help.

Anj

I think this post belongs in this catagory..sorry for double posting

I take it that someone is making a gateway for you?

If they are making the gateway especially for CubeCart then there should be no problems with install + there probably won't even be any modifications required to your SQL database in most cases.

Assuming the above, + that the gateway is being made for use with CubeCart, you should find yourself with several files, including an image file, which simply need to be dropped into the relevant folders in the folder where CubeCart is installed.

For more information on what these files are, + which folders they go into, log into CubeCart + study the following post :on2long:.

Also, if you have yet to install CubeCart, make sure that you have the final version (not the alpha or beta version). Installing CubeCart in your root folder will also allow you make your site "your CubeCart site" right from the moment a visitor enters your site without resorting to redirects, etc. but isn't actually necessary in order to install it as it can be installed in its own folder within the root directory of your site without any problem.

Guest emailanj

no, were not having one made we just applied for credit card processing internet softwear through our existing credit card provider. The gateway we are getting is viaKLIX. They have a list of pay carts but said the list was just the ones viaklix has tested. They said most any cart will work and some of there customers use Open Source carts. Am I getting over my head? How hard will it be to intergerate once I get the softwear?

Anj

I think you are getting rather confused here :P...

we just applied for credit card processing internet softwear through our existing credit card provider

I would also hazard a guess that you have a business account + have received the software you mentionned because you are wanting to be able to process credit card payments.

If this is so, then the credit card processing internet software you are referring to is provided to enable you to take credit card payments off customers + typically requires:

a:) A merchant bank account or possibly your existing business account.

b:) Someone to process any card payments you take into your account (unless this, too, has been setup as part of your business account).

You need to check:

a:) Whether or not the account can be used with an online payment bureau

b:) Whether the the bank is intending to act as the above bureau.

Once you have all the above sorted out you then need to consider what you will need for integration with your CubeCart setup.

For example: If you were able to use your business bank account for the "merchant" account side of things, + then found yourself using your bank's internet merchandising services to take payments, you would find yourself with a site where you could log-in + manage your payments. - You would also have, probably through that self-same site, access to manuals detailing the information that someone would require to integrate your payments into something called a "gateway" that could be used with CubeCart, or equally tailored for use with any number of other carts, etc..

If you used the services of, say, ProtX (as your online payment bureau or payment service provider as they are also known) you would not need to have a gateway made because that gateway already exists for use with CubeCart (along with several others, not to mention others that have been made by members of the CubeCart community) + all you would have to do with any of these gateways is activate them through the Admin side of your CubeCart (once installed) + configure them with your settings (which would be provided by the online payment bureau or payment service provider that you would be using to handle your credit card payments).

You might want to have a look at the following sites for more (hopefully useful) information:

http://www.electronic-payments.co.uk/acquiring_banks.jsp

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/actio...emId=1074407554

I hope this helps you with your dilemma :(...

Guest emailanj

Yes, that smile face about sums me up for now. But I will learn and you never know I just may come to this board in the not so distant future and help you with a dilemma....

Thanks so much for going into so much detail with me. I really appreciate your step by step approach.

I think I have figured it all out. You guessed about everything right. I am getting a gateway and all I need to do is some HTML code. So wish me luck....I might need it :P

Anj