Skinning CC3

Guest inletmedia

Guest inletmedia

skinning cc3 compared to v2 was like taking candy from a baby. i was able to integrate it fully into looking like it was custom coded into my existing website.

While its not completely done. You can see my existing website at:

www.stickersquad.com/portfolio.php

and my cube cart store @

www.stickersquad.com/store

any thoughts comments are welcome, i will be making/offering templates soon as i have had a few requests just for the one i made for my site.

Look forward to what you have to say :errm:

Guest inletmedia

Load time was thought of, but 85% of the country is now on Broadband, and the other 15% ... well they are used to waiting for pages to load. :P

Guest inletmedia

I think you site looks very professional... It's inspired me to make my site better!

i think you just need better images, and logo/graphics ... then find a color scheme to go with them, what are you using for graphics ?

Load time was thought of, but 85% of the country is now on Broadband, and the other 15% ... well they are used to waiting for pages to load.  :P

Exactly which country is that? Certainly not the USA. BB only passed the halfway mark vs DU just a few weeks ago - and that statistic is greatly misleading because it it skewed heavily to schools and businesses where BB is a common standard. If you isolate consumers at home, the percentage still on dialup is more like 75%.

That's why the heavy-weights - such as Yahoo and MSN, Google and most media pages - all of whom know a few things about designing for users' optimal experience, consider 8 seconds on a 56k modem the Gold Standard.

It is widely and well researched that 50% of visitors have bailed out at 20 seconds and another 50% bail out every 5 seconds after that until you get to the rabbit and hare minimum of 5% of what you started with at 1 minute. Which is not far off your download time.

Your primary graphic, that yellow car, takes up a huge chunk (150px) of the most valuable real estate on a web page. And it is 69,793 bytes. Running it through Photoshop's "save for the web" feature would do it a lot of good without affecting the quality of the display, even at those dimensions. I got it down to 12k at 50% which works out to about 5 seconds download on a slow 56k connection. And it looked just as good as the bloated file.

The discipline of designing for the least well equipped user can do wonders for a web site.

Guest inletmedia

all my graphics come out through "save for web" i will work on them to increase the DL time ... i guess being on BB and having been for several years i neglect to think of the DU users ... will have to work on that.