Global Tax?

Hi,

Short and simple, is there any way to make the tax options work for the whole world? At the moment it seems like it can only be localised to one country/state. We are UK based and need to [or do we?] charge 17.5% VAT to everyone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...

Guest twisted

I don't know how the tax/VAT laws work in the UK......but in NZ, you cannot charge tax to non-New Zealanders, and here in the US, you cannot charge tax to customers that reside outside of your own state, unless you have branches in other states, and then you can only charge tax in those states.

Basically because people outside your state or conutry, cannot be held liable for your contries taxes...hell we have enough trouble with our OWN taxes! lol

For anyone else wondering, here's something I found regarding exporting goods from the UK

Exports and VAT: what do I have to do?

You should enter details of any goods that your business exports on your VAT return.

If your business sells goods to countries inside the EC, then you need to submit details to HM Revenue & Customs and record details in box 8 of your VAT return, though they will usually be zero-rated for VAT. You will also need to send lists of your EC supplies of goods to HM Revenue & Customs.

These lists are known as EC Sales Lists. Zero-rating and EC Sales Lists are available in Notice 725 - the Single Market. Read Notice 725 at the HM Revenue & Customs website.

If you have a high level of sales to EC countries you may need to submit an Intrastat Supplementary Declaration. For more information, see our guide on how to complete the Intrastat return.

If your business exports to countries outside the EC the goods will usually be zero-rated for VAT, although you can check with HM Revenue & Customs to confirm this.

As proof of export you must retain documents that identify:

*  the exporter

*  the customer

*  the goods and their value

*  the export destination

*  the mode of transport and the route

Edit: It sounds like I have to charge VAT to all countries within the EU, but not others. This presents a problem with CubeCart as I can only choose one country, methinks a bit more thought should have gone into the tax feature :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...

Bump. Still not working in 3.0.2. Getting rather peeved now, why can't there be the easy option like 2.x.x that lets you specify one tax for the whole world? At least answer me that!

I'm assuming your VAT registered then mate?

I agree, not the best soln for UK/EU based shops - CCv3 seems to be US biased in this respect. If I were VAT registered I would be similarly shafted.

drop the tax settings all together, add VAT to all base prices and make extra profit on foreign customers :( Job's a goodun.

Yeah, we're VAT registered, which means we need a VAT return every 3 months so the tax needs to be separate, then again I spose I can get it by taking 17.5% off each sale to get the VAT used.

Still, confusing its set up like this considering Devellion is UK-based

• 2 weeks later...
Guest falsoft

Just found this thread while searching for answers with a few problems I am having and I just wondered what you meant by dropping the tax settings altogether fiddy????

Did you mean set them at zero or is there a way to disable/remove them completely??

Thanks.

Chris

Hello!

I have an Austrian company, and want to ship to Austrian and German customers. The Austrian customers pay 20% taxes (VAT), the German private customers will pay 20% VAT, the German company customers will pay 0%, if they provide a valid UID number.

Can I solve this problem with Cubecart?

I guess this issue implicates all EU (Euro Zone) companies who ship to companies in other EU countries...

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I am also stuck on this issue.

for a UK company, tax needs to be 17.5% for all sales made to residents of the EU - that's about 20 different countries - and 0% for all other countries.

so, I need an EU zone.