I would like to see a few less "commercial" posts

Guest twisted

Guest twisted

I swear, I am going to start deleting a few more posts shortly.

I realise that since the site re-design, the 3rd party services section seems to have fallen somewhat beside the wayside...but this is understandable given the effort brooky is putting in on v.3, plus we still have the selfless promotion forum for "advertising", and you may have noticed that we a re a little more tolerant of ads in sigs whiel this situation continues.

But I am personally getting a little tired of seeing the response [and its only a few, one in particular, i'm not going to name names]:

"I/we have this mod""I/we do this""Contact me for more info"

when people ask a question.

Sure, I direct people to my website, but so many more of my posts offer helpful suggestions or advice. They are not primarliy commercials touting the products or services I have for sale.

I wouldn;t mind quite so much if the poster concerned actually DID offer some [free] help/advice/suggesstions every so often...but when 95% of your posts are little more than commercials for your products/services, you are, I believe, bordering on spam.

I have a delete button...and I'm not afraid to use it.

:w00t:

Like I said, i'm not naming names....and i'm not pointing fingers...and i'm not telling anyone off...i'm just getting a little fed up, and am posting fair warning.

*/*

I AGREE!!!!

I think i know who u r talking about here :ninja: . I have an idea cos i feel it is also turning into a bloodbath against all third parties rushing to get the post in pointing them in the direction of there site.

I know brooky has been very busy with the release of v3 and deserves a well earned rest before we start hassleing him with more requests.

So here goes we need somewhere to advertise, the cubers need somewhere to go to find mods and services for both versions.

What about if brooky does not mind and booker is ok with it we use his fantastic new mod site for time being????

Third party link in signature goes to your area on bookers site then everyone happy no more wasted posts i can do this go here??

Just a thought my 2 cents

ps twisted if its who i think and i was a moderator i would of been deleting a long time ago so well done for hanging on this long.

Guest twisted

What about if brooky does not mind and booker is ok with it we use his fantastic new mod site for time being

And this will solve the problem.........how?

Instead of the posters concerned saying, "we do this...visit our site", they will then say "Yes, we have this mod. It is available from bookers mod store. Click here to visit" Which would then have the possible added disadvantage of it costing more than if the person were to buy it from the "offendfers" own store if the price is adjusted to allow for bookers commission fee. Plus, some of the 3rd Party services are offered for free. How would they be handled in bookers mod store?

As you say, brooky is very busy, and we cannot expect him to give his highest priority to the 3rd party services section, but, when it does get back up, I believe that section is the ONLY place everyone should be permitted to direct people to [well, there and shameless promotions], and then, by SINGLE link in their sig.

In the meantime, I believe we don't have much choice but to put up with the posts being as they are...but I just wish that the party[ies] concerned would occassionally post something OTHER than a link to a paid service/product.

This is, after all, a HELP forum...not an advertising showcase. If the post does not offer any constructive help, but it nothing more than a link to a paid service/product, I don't feel I would be wrong in deleting it.

Ok then what about if you or one of the moderators create a third party page post?

needs to be a moderator so they can edit post to add new sites.

just have the name short description of what u do

eg My mod store - v2 mods and custom work.

That way we can just point to that post when needed and the client can decide from there?

bookers site can offer free mods if u want to offer them on there.

most of us as third party services do offer help and advice.I think the main problem is so many posts now are related to v3 and most of us are still trying to learn the code round that and all v2 posts are for requests?

Maybe im wrong here but i also agree one of the main reasons i came over to cubecart was the lack of support and help from other carts and there forums.