Fantastico & upgrades

Guest kook

I have a FANTASTICO question. My HOST provided me with a choice of shopping cart programs and I chose Cube Cart. I am using ver 2.7

I am starting a new Audio Books Cube Carte site. I want downloadable “virtual product†ability as found in ver 3.

- - - From the General area …From post 39113 by Twisted - - -

“When you are adding or editing a product, at the very bottom, you can specify whether the product is real[physical] or virtual[digital]. If you select digital, cubecart handles everything else that enables the product to be downloadable. Note...this feature is ONLY available in v.3â€

I just received an E-Mail from CC

“CubeCart 3.0.1 Released

We are pleased to announce the launch of version 3.0.1 which fixes the bugs quite a few of you found in 3.0.0. Development will continue as normal and 3.0.2 will feature the new PayPal API amongst other features and any bug fixes. …â€

MY QUESTIONs ARE:

When will my HOST get Cube Cart ver 3.-.-. Is this automatic?

When I install 3.- using Fantastico, will it overwrite all the work I have done in ver 2.7 (not that much work so far)

Should I install ver 3. In a separate folder on my HOST server?

Should I try and install 3. Without waiting for Fantastico to list it for installation.

Thank you and so far I am very pleased with the potential I see in Cube Cart.

Fantastico will often take weeks, and even months, to update with new versions of scripts... your best bet is to just download it from the downloads section here, and install it from scratch.

If and when fantastico does introduce v3, it won't be an upgrade, it will be either a seperate package, or a completely seperate script, as to this point, upgrading looks like a fairly tall order, and a fantastico upgrade would seem rather impossible, to me at least.