general question about inventory

Guest Dummie-spit

Guest Dummie-spit

Just a quick one. I am looking at using CC for a new site. I used it 'way back when ' and cant remember if it does inventory. Like if I have 3 items and someone orders one does it drop the inventory to 2 ? Or if someone buys the last one does it give a 0 stock on hand. I guess I could try it ( but asking here will save me a heap of time ) but if it does not do it then I cant use this prog. So I am asking those that have it running ....Can CC do this. ;)

Guest rhyan

Yes, CC3 can keep track of stock levels. When the item reaches 0 stock, it will display Out Of Stock and customers will not be able to purchase said item.

When you add a product, near the bottom of the form, you can input the stock level. The next option will ask you if you'd like to "Use stock level?"

Yes, CC3 can keep track of stock levels. When the item reaches 0 stock, it will display Out Of Stock and customers will not be able to purchase said item.

Depending on your settings on the General page in the admin CP. You have the option to display an items stock level,and/or allow out-of-stock purchases.

Guest netgroup

You mean, you actually have the stock working?

I have it showing stock on the pages, but both in 3.00 and 3.01 it doesn't reduce the stock levels when an order is placed.

;)

Guest rhyan

I have it showing stock on the pages, but both in 3.00 and 3.01 it doesn't reduce the stock levels when an order is placed.

:D

Sorry, I haven't tested it.. I just know that the stock feature is there.

;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Puppy

:D

Same problem :( Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DeeLondon

Add me to that list as well - just setup my first cube cart - have 1 product and 12 of them in stock - just sold 2 and it still says 12 - I had to manually go in and reduce the stock levels myself

Using NoChex as the only payment method.

Ideally I would have thought once the NoChex payment has gone through the return page link NoChex allows you to have after a successful purchase would point to a section inthe script that says this purchase was a sucess please reduce the stock levels but however many was purchased.

The stock levels are an important feature to myself because I'm selling tickets to an event where seats are strictly limited.

I now means I have to watch the emails, etc constantly for purchases. Not impressed so far. :D

Guest netgroup

I think the issue here is this:

When an order is placed by a customer - the stock level doesn't reduce.

It only reduces when you move the order from Pending to Processing.

If you move the order from pending to completed in one move - the stock level doesn't reduce - so in order to make it work, move your pending orders to processing and you should find it works.

Incidentally, I'm now using paypal IPN and orders are automatically moved to 'processing' when the paypal IPN has confirmed the order with cubecart - which is real handy as the stock numbers automatically decrease at the point of a confirmed order.

I'm not sure about nochex DeeLondon, but would have imagined the process was similar. (Maybe consider using paypal)?

Hope this helps.

netgroup

Guest DeeLondon

In my settings I have

Show stock level? = YES

Allow out of stock purchases? = NO

I have 2 remaining spaces left for a bowling night = for that stock levels are important because we can only have a set number of people bowling in total.

As a test - I tried to purchase 3 places and it did reduce it to 2 places. So that part of stock level checking works.

However I've had 14 people now buy this one and only product on my Cube Cart and it's not reducing at all the stock levels whenever someone makes a purchase.

When someone makes a purchase I get an email from cubecart.

Usually followed seconds later by a confirmation email from NoChex saying money has been sent to me.

I then am checking the orders screen to make sure the email address from the order and NoChex matches and if so, changing the status to processing, and then clicking onthe button to send them the digital download link which is simply a HTML page which has details of the event, etc and which they print off and bring with them as a sort of ticket on the night.

I then change the status to complete - at no time does the stock level ever go down.

This is using version 3.02

I'm having to keep an eye on the real stock levels constantly - it also doesn't help that it doesn't send out a confirmation email to people as soon as they've a purchase but waits for me to have to manually go in and see that NoChex went through successfully. That bit should be automatic since NoChex allows the system to go to any HTML page you want upon a successful transaction.

Guest netgroup

Hi DeeLondon,

Are you actually live with your cart before having it tested and working?

In the first part of your post you mention that you ordered 3 tickets as a test and cubecart reduced the stock levels ok.

What is different with your test above and how did the cart manage to allow 14 people to order the same thing? Something you did in your test must be different to what your customers actually did.

Also, now that 14 people have ordered, what is the stock level for that item?

I'm just trying to get my head around what is going on. It appears that stock levels reduce, but that nochex isn't communicating with your cart properly.

I'm not using nochex but would love to know what page you have told nochex to return to on your cart and if nochex is actually carrying out the background scripting calls to cc to do what you require.

If you can give me that information, I'll go and have a look at the nochex module and see if anything shows up to me.

Thanks

Guest DeeLondon

Hi DeeLondon,

Are you actually live with your cart before having it tested and working?

In the first part of your post you mention that you ordered 3 tickets as a test and cubecart reduced the stock levels ok.

What is different with your test above and how did the cart manage to allow 14 people to order the same thing? Something you did in your test must be different to what your customers actually did.

Also, now that 14 people have ordered, what is the stock level for that item?

I'm just trying to get my head around what is going on. It appears that stock levels reduce, but that nochex isn't communicating with your cart properly.

I'm not using nochex but would love to know what page you have told nochex to return to on your cart and if nochex is actually carrying out the background scripting calls to cc to do what you require.

If you can give me that information, I'll go and have a look at the nochex module and see if anything shows up to me.

Thanks

Hi,

I looked back at my posting on this particular thread and can't see anywhere where I said the stock levels were working.

I tested the script as far as selecting the 1 product I had on there, registering a new user, ordering 1 ticket or several tickets and basically everything up until the system took me to NoChex's website to make payment at which point I'd have to have used my credit card to send myself some money. All of that worked fine up to that point and NoChex takes payment fine as well.

The only thing that doesn't work is the stock level doesn't go down at any stage except when I manually type over the stock level with a new value.

You can see the shop here

http://tinyurl.com/axc6e

But I may take the value of stock levels to zero at the moment and ask people to email me first if they want tickets because I have 2 tickets left and don't want to risk 3 people or more for instance buying tickets.

Guest netgroup

As a test - I tried to purchase 3 places and it did reduce it to 2 places. So that part of stock level checking works.

I think thats where my confusion came in when I thought you had stock checking working in cc.

So, can I clarify: when you (or your customers) place an order in noChex - the payment goes through ok and you receive notification of the order. When you login to your admin area in cc and go to your orders section - what stage do the orders show up?

ie, pending, processing, etc

If pending - you will need to move the orders to processing manually in cc. This will (should) reduce the stock levels automatically. All that moving the order to processing does is tells cc that you have received payment and now you are getting the item ready for shipping. (that part is irrelevant to you I know, but you will need to do this before making the order completed) and having cc send the customer the details for your ticket downloads.

If processing - and the stock item hasn't been reduced, you can definitely say that the problem is occuring somewhere in the nochex mod gateway and contacting nochex to verify that all variables in the nochex gateway may be your next option.

Let me know.

netgroup

Guest DeeLondon

All orders come up as Pending

Then I manually change them to Processing

Then I click on the link to send a digital download

Then I change status to Complete

Stock Level Stays constant throughout the entire process.

I personally expect the stock levels to change once payment has been made, not when I manually have to go and look at the orders, otherwise I could have 18 places, have 2 in stock and go to sleep to wake up and find 5 people have placed orders for those 2 places (since stock levels never when down as each person bought a ticket) and end up with a lot of hassle with the remain 3 people.

Is there anyone who has the stock levels working or not working and using NoChex?

I don't think there is anything wrong with NoChex's system, been using them for 2 years without a problem and charges are lower then PayPal. I think there's something wrong with the NoChex module.

Guest netgroup

All orders come up as Pending

Then I manually change them to Processing

Then I click on the link to send a digital download

Then I change status to Complete

Stock Level Stays constant throughout the entire process.

I personally expect the stock levels to change once payment has been made, not when I manually have to go and look at the orders, otherwise I could have 18 places, have 2 in stock and go to sleep to wake up and find 5 people have placed orders for those 2 places (since stock levels never when down as each person bought a ticket) and end up with a lot of hassle with the remain 3 people.

Is there anyone who has the stock levels working or not working and using NoChex?

I don't think there is anything wrong with NoChex's system, been using them for 2 years without a problem and charges are lower then PayPal. I think there's something wrong with the NoChex module.

Hi DeeLondon,

Yes I would agree there is something wrong with the nochex module, so like I say, I would take it to nochex support, let them look at the variables (it could be somthing as simple as a wrong name) that is not carrying the information from nochex to cc. They are likely to spot any misconfiguration quite quickly.

Send them the transfer.inc.php from the store/modules/gateway/NOCHEX folder.

I'd be interested in hearing what they say.

Thanks

netgroup

Guest estelle

:D Thanks to netgroup's tip about needing to use the "Processing" stage. Its now working fine for me.

Dee - I don't think you specified whether you have "Use stock level" set to "Yes" for every individual product?

Estelle.

Guest DeeLondon

I looked at that file - the variables used are as below - I assume it could use the return URL to assume order was placed and minus the stock

$hiddenVars = "<input type='hidden' name='cart_order_id' value='".$cart_order_id."'>

<input type='hidden' name='total' value='".$basket['grandTotal']."'>

<input type='hidden' name='amount' value='".$basket['grandTotal']."'>

<input type='hidden' name='security_key' value='CubeCart'>

<input type='hidden' name='from_email' value='".$ccUserData[0]['email']."'>

<!--<input type='hidden' name='status' value='$status'>-->

<input type='hidden' name='returnurl' value='".$GLOBALS['storeURL']."/?act=conf&amp;oid=".base64_encode($cart_order_id)."'>

<input type= 'hidden' name='email' value='".$module['email']."'>

<input type='hidden' name='ordernumber' value='".$cart_order_id."'>";

Technical Details

An explanation of the html parameters used by the shopping cart when integrating with Nochex. Under normal circumstances the merchant does not need to alter them as they are automatically configured by the setup program.

email

This parameter is the merchant's email address that the Nochex payment is sent to. This must be an existing account that is already registered with Nochex.

amount

This variable is used to indicate the amount of money to be sent with the Nochex payment. The format used is pounds and pence xx.xx e.g. £10.00

ordernumber

This is a unique number that is generated by the cgi section of the shopping cart, which can be used by the merchant to track individual orders.

description

Shows all the details of the items ordered, including any VAT or shipping changes. The parameter is included in the confirmation email.

The following are parameters may be used in future editions of the shopping cart. Any one wishing to use them in the present version of the software must customise the shop.pl cgi-script.

logo

This is optional parameter that can be used to customize the Nochex order form to include your companies logo. This should be stored on a secure server.

returnurl

An optional URL designed to return customers back to the merchants order confirmation page after they have made an order.

responderurl

Automatic Payment Confirmation (APC) . This can be used to pass details of the transaction back to the merchant server direct from Nochex's secure server. This operates in a similar way to the IPN system and allows you to process customers payments in real-time and store details of the transaction in your own database.

http://www.online-store.co.uk/nochex_setup.html