Make current category clickable

Guest rhyan

Guest rhyan

I'm working on a new design and it's near completion. One thing I'd like to do is make the currently selected category clickable. I think this would be a great convenience.

For example, if I select a product in Statuary, which is under the parent category Patio & Garden the following is displayed in the product header:

The parent category, Patio & Garden, is clickable, but the category the product is actually in, Statuary, is not.

I've looked through styleTemplates/content/viewProd.tpl and found that what needs to be changed is the php {CURRENT_DIR} refers to, but I'm not sure how to change this. styleTemplates/content/viewCat.tpl also calls for {CURRENT_DIR} in the category header.

I've looked through includes/content/viewProd.inc.php and found the line:

$view_prod->assign("CURRENT_DIR",getCatDir($prodArray[0]['cat_name'],$prodArray[0]['cat_father_id'], $prodArray[0]['cat_id'],$link=TRUE));
 but I have no idea what I would change in here, if anything at all.

A similar line appears in includes/content/viewCat.inc.php:		
$view_cat->assign("CURRENT_DIR",getCatDir($currentCat[0]['cat_name'],$currentCat[0]['cat_father_id'], $currentCat[0]['cat_id'], $link=TRUE));

I'm still a novice when it comes to php. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Rhyan

;)

• 1 year later...