Help with admin section

Well just up loaded the new 3.0.1 to see what it like and when I go into the admin section there is a few tables like

Store Overview:

Quick Search:

Purchase CubeCart:

But thats it no where can i see to add or edite items / gatways ect

Has the install gone wrong ??? or do you need a License Key: to access this area

Thanking you for taking the time

On the left hand side you should see the navigation menu... if not, make sure all the files (particularly admin/includes/navigation.inc.php) exist... if they do... let us know, and we can go from there :)

Hi

On the left hand side you should see the navigation menu... if not, make sure all the files (particularly admin/includes/navigation.inc.php) exist... if they do... let us know, and we can go from there

No I do not have the nav menu but have check that admin/includes/navigation.inc.php file is in and it is present

Oh many thanks for have the time to help :)

Well is it a problem with

IM JUST PLAY DO NOT ALTER YOUR OWN TEXT IF YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

header.inc.php

>> line

<?php include($GLOBALS['rootDir']."/admin/includes/navigation.inc.php"); ?>

as if I change it to

<?php include("includes/navigation.inc.php"); ?>

The nav bar appears in the right place BUT once you click on a menu item it will take you to the correct page but you loose the side menu

I know sod all of PHP but am I on the right track ??

<?php include("includes/navigation.inc.php"); ?> - RELATIVE PATH to file

<?php include($GLOBALS['rootDir']."/admin/includes/navigation.inc.php"); ?> - ABSOLUTE PATH to file (expected value)

With your setting nav bar appears accessing php files in admin folder (NOT in subfolders). Any admin subfolder has NOT includes subfolder.

BTW value of $glob['rootDir'] in includes/global.inc.php is correct?

Thanks for imput

I think its correct

Have set

$glob['rootDir'] = '/mainfolder that whole site is in /then folder name of which the whole cart is in';

It is something simple that Iam just looking at to much and when someone say the correct result I will wonder how the hell I missed it but for now its been a few hours and for the life of me cannot get it going

Yes shop works fine in firefox

I ve tried loads of combos in the $glob['rootDir'] =

and for the life of me cannot get the navbar to appear

--- Language box works - combo box is filled with couple of languages. Or?--

Not sure what you mean with this line

Just a side note I have a cart running on old cubecart software and never had a problem so could this be a bug or am I being the dim ass of the day

THis is doing my head in now might go for a complete re insall tomm as Im in the UK and its geting late

Once again massive thankyou for repling to this thread

I really want to use cubecart again and not OS script

It's clear - definitely bad $GLOBALS['rootDir'] value.

Look at phpinfo.

Log in as admin user to CC admin panel. Retype URL in your browser, he must ended like this ... admin/misc/info.php an push <ENTER>.

Or type your own php file and upload it to main shop folder

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

Search for SCRIPT_FILENAME in window with infos about PHP Version. This is wanted absolte path...just copy a part of them..it must ended with shop folder.

Like this: /any/system/folder/html/shop (shop is name where your shop resides)...

Maybe this helps finally ;)