Shame but cubecart toally UNUSABLE

Guest fuchsiashock

Guest fuchsiashock

I liked Cubecart but it simply CANNOT BE USED.

Why?

Because the Cart CANNOT ADD UP.

You add an item or however many and the TOTAL is wrong.

Its down the the UPDATE CART button that you have hit every time you add and item, remove one or change anything (or nothing).

Otherwise the shipping and TOTAL isnt added properly. This means that customers can:

Have an empty cart

add 1 item

goto Cart

checkout

complete payment without the Cart having added Shipping.

So if another HAS pressed the Update button at some point, their totals for the same items will be different

Guest fuchsiashock

What bugs does version 2.0.7 have?

Does Shipping, tax and cart add up?

I was just bit annoyed cos i had skinned the whole thing and must have xhtml compatibility.

Guest fuchsiashock

Think what I'll do is get the latest version actually working.... just need to make people press the Update button as part of the normal process...

Looks like the release of version 3 was a little premature, eh?

Even at 3.0.1 there are too many bugs to make it usable for a live shop.

Pity.

Guest vrakas

yeah.. i agree.. brooky should have tested a lot more..

Tony~!

We (all) "tested" it for him and reported the bugs we had found, even so they still excisted in the 3.01 version ;)

This was a very big job for brooky as he has rewrote the whole cart, dont forget there is no way you can test for every likely event that is impossible every situation is different.

And of course there is the fact that this is free software.

C'mon guys we all knew v3 would have some bugs in it and im sure brooky is working on it all I can say is praps u should of stuck with v2 until you were satisfied v3 was right for you. I know I am

i am also sticking with v2..

i just think a few dozen on the bugs could have been fixed by a 'testing team' i know all of us cubers that come to the forums all the time would ahve been happy to test for a month or two..

i know for the cart script i am working on i am putting up a site for my girlfriend that i will use my cart on.. and use that store as a real 'working project'... as i also test everything like 5 times before i finish it..

you all know i love cubecart and will never totally smash the project.. as brooky is a great guy and very great to work with.. but i have to say v3 should have not been public for a while yet.. as it just turns people off to the cubecart name completely when they come across more then 2 or 3 bugs..

just my thoughts.. as i am a v2'er

Tony~!

Guest fuchsiashock

I wouldnt insult cubecart as it is a fantastic piece of time and effort considering its open source and 'for the benefit of mankind'. Sure bugs make it a problem but thats life.

I think I can solve the cart shipping option myself in a few days if I can work out the cart page as it is slip into STEPS.

Mainly I need to edit STEP 4 and make it separate from STEP 2, that is, not just looping the same code.

First objective is NOT allowing a user to change quantities on the second cart screen where you set postage.

All problems would be solved with adding up IF the javascript for the UPDATE CART button did it twice in a row as currently you have to press it twice to update correctly.

But as I said, first objective is NOT allowing a user to change quantities on the second cart screen where you set postage....

Guest Race-Rims

Can i just ask did you set the currency correctly ie default currency as 1.00000

Because it comes with USD as the default

Guest fuchsiashock

yes its a problem with when the page chooses to add up the numbers and refresh that total.

eg If you go to the 2nd cart page where you add shipping, then change quantities, the total will be wrong. This flaw allows people to basically give themselves incorrect totals.

MAybe it will work if I use the FREE trick - renaming the FREE shipping module to say 'Select Shipping" then add the actual shipping module as normal.

Then I just need to add in an IF so that IF you leave the drop down on 'Select Shipping' it says 'You must select a shipping option'

Actually I just found this FIX: http://bugs.cubecart.com/index.php?do=details&id=260

phew. i already removed the ability to update the cart from stage 4. I'm now trying the fix in the post above... seems like there are other ways to trick stage 4 into not including shipping.

and yes, there's nothing wrong with my currency settings. it really is not calculating the shipping right if you change the quantities in your basket after it's already been calculated once.

Guest rjmead

Instead of making users click the recalculate button which could be removed why not take away the continue button when the users first arrive at the page..

Here are my thoughts on the matter when a user gets to the shopping cart items...

1. Remove the recalculate button.

2. Remove the red continue button.

3. Add a red "confirm quantity" button - This would then perform the recalculate again.

4. Once the confirm quantity button has been pressed (and the recalculate process has completed) the red continue button would replace the confirm quantity button.

5. Customers would then be able to see any changes made before hitting continue..

I do realize this would enable people to make another change after they'd hit the confirm quantity but if the recalculate code was added to the continue button then it would perform a final recalculate as the page moves on. This would unfortunately mean that customers would not see the change until they got to the next page but at least any additional quantity would not be missed.

I am sure the vast majority of people once they'd hit the confirm qty button would not go and make a change to the qty anyway.

Just a thought !!!

Rich