Importing Products

Hi Folks,

I have a cube cart shop using version 2.0.5 www.roundaboutdirect.com/punchcart.

I have just created a new shop using version 3.0.1 www.roundaboutdirect.com/punch.

Is it possible to import all the products from the version 2 shop into the new version, or do I have to go through the extremely long process of adding all 300+ products manually?

Thanks

Tom.

Hi vrakas,

Thanks for the swift reply, however I have looked at both links and I am totally confused. Surely there must be a simple answer to this problem.

Tom.

Im afraid simple answer is no there is no upgrade script for v2 to v3 YET!

there are some of us working on this including myself but it is a daunting task and i fully understand why it has not been done yet.

there are some ways round this one of which is in the forum already but itsnot a case of simply hitting an update button.

Saztar will your mod allow to download from v2 and then reupload into v3?

how would this work pls? as i have a client who is dying to switch over but has a 600+ customer list as well as over 3000 products.

ah... downloading a CSV file from SQL should be possible.. maybe i should have a SQL to CSV option in v2 of the CSV Uploader..

but then i couldnt call it an 'uploader'... it would be a downloader... and uploader.. :-x

if enough people want it... i will make it! ;)

i stayed up all night last night working on a downloader for the SQL to CSV part of the uploader...

it looks good.. i just want to test it a little more and in no time it will be added to the CSV Uploader v2... and will be given out as an add-on to those who already have v2

Tony~!