Calculation Problems - Tax Problems

Guest Mnementh

Guest Mnementh

Hi all,

one of the many problems I unfortunately have with my installation of 3.01 was an incorrect calculation of tax included and the price of an item.

It doesn't suffice to choose a foreign currency and deselect all others for non-US-based shops, you have to also adjust the "value" of the currency from its percentage of value respective to the USD to 1.00000 as a standalone (or even adjust the values relative to the native currency for all others if you sell in different currencies).

After you do that, and do the Vat included in price-routine, at least the prices are correctly calculated.

I think that this little item ought to go into the FAQ, prominently so for non-US-users. Few are going to notice this immediately and will hunt for ages among the taxes for why those aren't calculated and for why the price is reduced. I perchance discovered that fine point on the Zencart support forum of all things!

Apart from that I have the following problems and would appreciate input:

1. Shipping/Postage

I need this type of thing:

up to 3 items = 2 Euro

4 items and more = 5,90 Euro

20+ items = to be determined individually

Ideally the above routine ought to be available for different countries as well.

This can't be done via weight, nor on a per item basis.

2. Postal order for print-out

Where can I change the language of the printout itself?

3. Customer problem

In Germany customers HAVE to be able to delete their own accounts and this needs to be done in a way similar to setting up the account. I haven't found anything like that. Now I would like to integrate a page with a form, in which users can demand that their account is deleted, without having to have an email programm at hand (as e.g. users can register and order in internet cafes, without a comp at home).

Any ideas how I can do that?

Greetings

Mnementh