Error Uploading Images File Exists

Guest Puppy

Guest Puppy

Hello :rolleyes:

I get this whenever I try to upload any type of images through the admin section:

Error: already exists please rename the file you are attempting to upload or browse for this file instead.

Thanks for your help!

Guest SCC-Solutions

I kept getting this aswell. What I did was FTP using my control panel and placed the JPG Files into the image folders.

Use your FTP manager or whatever you use and place your image files in the following:

images/uploads/nameoffile.jpg

Then you can go back to Cubecart, and instead of uploading a new file, just browse for an existing file and it should be there

Have fun

Guest Puppy

I tried this before and it worked but I was just thinking that if I did so the script wouldn't automatically generate a thumbnail image like it would if it went through the upload page. I'm not sure though... wanted to know why the upload page would work for some people and not for others.

Thanks SCCSolutions for your help though :rolleyes:

Guest Puppy

Hi guys, Im a friend of Puppy and im just using her account to post my findings on this problem. After much investigating your code i found that your using HTTP_POST_FILES instead of _FILES in your upload code. This is very bad thing to do since it is no longer supported. The array is empty. Thus it couldnt upload, and your error message was really strange. Your telling me theres a duplicate file, when the file array isnt even populated. I had to do a search replace on all HTTP_POST_FILES in order to get it to work.

Personally i think your shopping cart application is very poorly maintained. I think you need to seriously get in there an clean it up. Some of your pages are xHTML and some are HTML 4.0. Why havent you standarized your doctype declaration accross all pages? The HTML 4.0 transitional spec is very outdated.

Installing this thing was also a tremendous hasstle. Your install file is stupidly large. Your file was so large it couldnt even fully load, thus i couldnt install. I had to use your 'manual' method. Not really user friendly. Your charging people for this, you might want to consider re-vamping your install process.

Uploading alone took over 20 minutes. you have 800 files. this is unacceptable for a web app.

Im not trying to flame you, just bring your attention to these things.

-regards

• 9 months later...
Guest mrtwice99

The fix for this problem:

The problem is that you are using PHP 5 and register_long_arrays is set to "OFF." It needs to be set to ON.

If you are running Apache, you can put this in a .htaccess file in the root directory of your store:

php_flag register_long_arrays on

Otherwise, if you are using IIS or some other server, you will need to set it in php.ini:

register_long_arrays = Off

I have Php 4.4.2, do i have to upgrade to make those changes, so i can fix the same problem?

Plus I can't find both a file called .htaccess or php.ini in my store root anywhere.