Anybody have a store selling ONLY digital products

Guest pepped

Guest pepped

I have a client who is a life coach - he attends various conferences and seminars and gives motivational pep talks, etc.

He has a number of these recorded as audio files and would like to sell them online.

Is Cubecart the right solution for these requirements? Anybody have any examples of stores using Cubecart that only sell digital files, not tangible goods?

Guest twisted

V.3 is more suited, out-of-the-box, for this purpose than v.2 ... but there are a couple of mods you can buy for version 2 to allow selling digital only products. Both work.

I do know of one site off-hand that sells only digital goods...i don;t remember the exact url, but i think its something like www.cdmixcentral.com

I, personally, would not hesitate to use cubecart for a digital downloads only store.

:rolleyes:

Guest pepped

I do know of one site off-hand that sells only digital goods...i don;t remember the exact url, but  i think its something like www.cdmixcentral.com

Great stuff, many thanks. That URL doesn't seem to be right, however. Can you remember a few more details? Enough for me to Google it?

• 4 months later...

Can any of you advise me on how i'd get 100gb of mp3 files online.

Even if i could get a few years of this collect uploaded.

I doubt i could afford hosting for this but i need something to work with.

I have a good feeling that these mp3's will sell.. they're old dj sets 2 hours each.

I think you'd run into copyright/licensing issues. Though you may own rights to the "mix", you most likely wouldn't own the rights to the individual songs in each set. I'd be VERY careful and double check that sort of thing first.

;)

I see these mixes on shelfs in music stores, copies

That's hardly legal.. why hasn't anybody stoped them.

Who's more at risk here me or them.. i dunno.

Just a thought.

Thanks later

As what Sir William Stated It is Illegal trust me i used to run an online radio when i did only mixes and i was shut down and fined £1200 trust me i wouldn't do it, if its origianal or UnSigned music you can do it but with mixes you have to pay royalties... BTW your more at risk on the net these days as sites are checked by the local athority for Copyrighted MP3's ect...

Edited by aikdo

The mp3 thing was just an idea, maybe i'll leave it at that.

My main reason for using cubecat is for a music store - vinyl

I've contacted some distrubutors and can work through them

as an e-traider.. almost reselling? what's your thoughts on this?

I've signed all their forms and set up a traders account with them.