Bl00dy install

Guest zeropitch

Guest zeropitch

Ok, hopefuly someone reading this can help.....

I tried unsuccessfully to get the install to work, then I found the online build link. So, I think all good, the tables are installed, the global file is done.

But, I can't any pages to display.... If I use the isapi dll, I get blank pages. If I use the php-win.exe I get cgi timeout.

Can someone who's got this running on Windows provide some pointers please?

Thanks

Dave

XPPro

MySQL 4

PHP5

Guest toys4mobiles.com

To get it running on windows I used XAMPP. This installs an apache server as the systems localhost. It comes with PHP4/5 (switchable), MySQL 4.1.12 and phpMyAdmin 2.6.2.

To get Cubecart working copy the files into a folder in the htdocs directory.

Remember to set a password for the 'root' username in phpMyAdmin.

This might be not what you want... however it's a working alternative should you require it!

Guest zeropitch

Thanks for that, but due to the config of the production environment, I can't go down this route.

I have (since posting) made progress. I can now see the store and I can log into the admin screen. I can't, however, see what I assume is the menu on the left hand side. Also, in Firefox, the iFrame that loads where you enter a license file doesn't appear - It does under IE.

My initial problems were down to php install/parameter problems... It took an install of Zen Cart to track down the problems.

Does anyone know how to fix the problems of the missing menu? Is this down to PHP also?

Thanks

Dave

Guest zeropitch

...and one step forward. Found the problem with the missing menu in admin.

Requires the entry for $glob['rootDir'] setting, but it's not clear how this should be entered for windows installs. Found that you specify the path to the folder containing the store code, from the root, but not including the drive letter and reversed all of th slashes.

.. one step back.. I get a 405 error when saving the settings from the Store Config > General Settings screen

Anyone got an idea what this could be?

Thanks

Dave

Guest zeropitch

Talking to myself.... fruitcake.... anyways,

I've added action="index.php" to the form declaration for index.php in admin/settings

Is this a bug? How would I post about this?