3.02 Release

Guest vrakas

Guest vrakas

Hi admins developers and programers of CC3. :D

It seems that the bugs and other problems have been pointed out by all of us (users) and there are plenty of them. :D

My question is simple.... when can we expect the next (3.02) release?

Please this time include a list with the fixes so we dont have to try and change things that have allready been changed.

Thanks in advance.

This is the latest news i just saw posted by Brooky

Hello,

CubeCart 3.0.2 will be released on Friday 12th August '05. This will feature many bug fixes, a French language file, free shipping for orders over x amount and manual credit card processing powered by Mals-E.

I would like to see many things fixed (I have seen at least 6-7 bugs) but the two things that need to work are the options and taxes.

1. Taxes-- This should be so easy, and it is made so hard. You already have an admin page that shows all of your counties and countries... just add an extra data set to each and associate a tax with each county or country. I don't understand why this is so hard. You should be able to associate a tax with each county or country you add...

2. Options-- In step number 3. all of the option names should come up, not what is on the page in step 1. Then after you choose an option name, all of the option atributes that are associated with it should come up, not what is on the page in step 2. Then when you add a product all of the "defaults" should stay as whatever was last entered. And then finally there should be a search feature on the option page.

I would like to see many things fixed (I have seen at least 6-7 bugs) but the two things that need to work are the options and taxes.

1. Taxes-- This should be so easy, and it is made so hard. You already have an admin page that shows all of your counties and countries... just add an extra data set to each and associate a tax with each county or country. I don't understand why this is so hard. You should be able to associate a tax with each county or country you add...

2. Options-- In step number 3. all of the option names should come up, not what is on the page in step 1. Then after you choose an option name, all of the option atributes that are associated with it should come up, not what is on the page in step 2. Then when you add a product all of the "defaults" should stay as whatever was last entered. And then finally there should be a search feature on the option page.

Yes, yes, and YES! I'd love to see all those fixed! :D

First problem I see with the suggestion is that in the USA, if you are trying to collect sales tax (although the laws do not -yet - require it for Internet sales - oh but they eventually will) there are 50 states, each with the power to set its own rate and it does not apply to the same goods in each state - or uniformly across the state

Thus, in New York City, clothing that has a value of more than $100 is taxed at 8.5% but under $100 value is not. A few minutes away by car or subway, in Jersey City, the NJ state sales tax does not apply to clothing or food - and for goods that are taxed, the rate is 3% - until you go to another NJ county or municipality and the same goods may be 8.25%.

So tax in the USA, if charged at all on Internet sales, varies so much that a simple db table column woun't do.

You do not know laws that are applied to the internet. If you have a business in a state you must charge all residents of that state a fixed sales tax when they buy something from you. I have done business with states in NY and NJ and for clothing and we always set a straight sales tax. I don't know if they were incorrect or if different rules apply to internet sales.

My point is that an extra column in the database and the right relationsips would solve the tax issues of 95% of the U.S. based sites and probably a good percentage outside of the U.S. And you could keep everything else the same since you could always have all of the counties and countries set to zero.

I just suggesting this as an easy thing to do that would help a lot of people out. Myself, I hardcode the sales tax in. It's not hard to do, but I don't think I should have had to do it for a product I bought.

Vrakas' original question remains unanswered:

When may we see 3.0.2?

I realise this is a bit of a "How long's a piece of string" question, but some guesstimation on a timeframe would be greatly appreciated by many of us.

I agree :angry:

Looking at the previous posts, Brooky last posted on the 28th July, thats quite a long time to leave a forum generating as many problems as this one (unless of course you're on holiday :D)

Guest clothahump

Support tickets are just returned with message saying Closed, makes me wonder if he is either on Holiday, working on new version or just given up with it???

Would be nice to know what is happening instead of being kept in the dark, I have had to stoop quite low and install Zen just to keep the customer happy.

Guest vrakas

Personaly even yesterday i purchased another licence for a client of mine with a total of 4 that is in less than a months time.

Now i am starting to wonder :D

At least a sign of what is going on. :angry:

ps: it seems that brooky will return on the 4th of August.

Guest idara

hey cubers !

I got a reply from Brooky !!! */*

No date yet but as soon as possible. :P

Hi Brooky !

finally i manage to configure "shipping by weight"  :)

when the CC 3.0.2 is planned?  :on2long:

All the best keepit up !

Yunus

Guest tncproweb

Yeah I am a newbie. I have the original 3.0 installed and haven't taken any updates and don't seem to be having many problems as of yet. Although it is early in the release. I fell for the gimmick that new is better and kinda wished I had kept the older version. See if you see any bugs at My Store

Guest vrakas

This is the latest news i just saw posted by Brooky

Hello,

CubeCart 3.0.2 will be released on Friday 12th August '05. This will feature many bug fixes, a French language file, free shipping for orders over x amount and manual credit card processing powered by Mals-E.