WARNING: - Permissions to 0644

Guest PIZZY2

Guest PIZZY2

Hi,

have now finished my store and already i have

had an order come in, wow that was quick.

But i notice there is a warning on the main admin page saying :

WARNING: The main configuration file 'includes/global.inc.php' is writeable and your store is at risk.

Please change these permissions to 0644 as soon as possible.

How do i set the permmisions to locked mode,

can't see where to place the code 0644 in.

Cheers.

Using an ftp client you can log into your webdomain and find the file; then do a right click on that file and select something like 'Attributes(chmod)' or 'chmod settings' or something similar and then you can change the numbers to 644...

Guest PIZZY2

Thank You Mobie,

no wonder i could not figure that one out, hehe.

Job now done, something else i have learnt today.

Thanks for helping, hope this info also helps everyone else that needs it.

Cheers.

• 7 months later...
Guest bbloo626

Hi Mobie,

I'm sort of having the same problem (don't know how to set the permissions to 0644) and I wonder if you could help me out. I'm currently using powweb and my cubecart was downloaded from them. Could you please show me how I can get the permissions changed?

I'm a dummy in this, just started using these things. Please forgive me if I've asked any stupid questions!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks alot

Guest djsckizo

I generally set config files to 444 and for some reason it's telling me that it's writable when it isn't. I have to have it set at 644 or nothing, it seems. I'm assuming the script is checking for 644 specificly.

Hi Mobie,

I'm sort of having the same problem (don't know how to set the permissions to 0644) and I wonder if you could help me out. I'm currently using powweb and my cubecart was downloaded from them. Could you please show me how I can get the permissions changed?

I'm a dummy in this, just started using these things. Please forgive me if I've asked any stupid questions!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks alot

Try logging into the file manager for your account on powweb and changing the permissions of the file (includes/global.inc.php) with it.