HTML in Products Description..

Guest sound

Guest sound

Hi,

I'm trying the new cubecart 3.0.0.. well that's what my fantastico has.

I tryed putting some html in the products description, but on viewing as a user,

the html shows instead of what it's supose to do. ere's an example..

gs-world.net/cc click o ntechno and that's where i'd like to display an extra audio button/buttons.. but anyway.. click o ntechno up tyop, then click on more info for that product and you'l lsee the html.

How would i fix that please, so it's i nthe main category for techno (I'm hoping to buid a record store so i need audio buttons)

Cool software, why did someone sugest, why would i use version 3 when there's version 2.. kinda obvious really, look at the way your products load and pricing is calculated no the same page.. neat.. experience counts.

Hope to get this baby working for me.

Later

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Denver Dave

I'm trying the new cubecart 3.0.0.. well that's what my fantastico
Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but I like to control my own installations and what versions are being used.

I'm testing with version 3.0.2. HTML for product descriptions seem to work for me - might be a version issue, or are you clicking on the source button in the html editor first before entering the html text - if not the editor is assuming you want the html characters displayed. Also, does 3.0.0 have the html editor built in like 3.0.2 does?

Hope this helps.

I think Denver Dave may be right on the money.

I tried CC 3.0.0 as soon as it was released and found the same problem. As 3.0.0 also had a whole heap of bugs I quit until 3.0.2 came out.

3.0.2 not only seems pretty bugless and stable, you can certainly use HTML. As you're just starting out your store, I strongly recommend dumping 3.0.0 and installing 3.0.2 from scratch.

There may be ways of getting HTML to render correctly in 3.0.0 but given the other problems that version has I doubt it's worth the effort.

FYI, some programs throw a wobbly in the HTML dept if your server has Magic Quotes enabled; this can cause all kinds of mayhem with rendering HTML, scripts etc.. If this IS the cause, there is often a simple fix by putting a little php.ini file into the root of your shop, which effectively says, "Turn off Magic Quotes for this folder".

Bite the bullet and go with 3.0.2 buddy - it rocks.

Hi guys,

I actually forget, i do so much testing prooducts i never get anything finished,

Yea i must have upgraded to 3.0.2 of cubecart in the last few weeks.

When i was entering the html (in 3.0.0) i think, i just put it in the discription box.

I've been searching for a system for hosting firstly, but after some trouble

in the past understanding cubecart, i left it untill now.

Now i'm trying to build a small online record store, the latest cubecart loads so

quick and shows the total on the same page, this is great, but i'm kinda getting

tired of that cms look, if i could find as many decent themes for cubecart as

i have for other content managment systems, i'd love to start my store in cubecart.

later thanks