Tax...perhaps?

Guest tassieg

Guest tassieg

It's official. I am going nuts.

I have entered in an item, there's no shipping enabled, and a simple 10% GST tax code. However, when I put in 45.41 as the normal price it ends up being 57.62 once tax has been added.

What on earth am I overlooking? :D

Gary

Guest gpeden

Hi there,

Do you have your currency set as 1.00000 and the others adjusted relative to it and your currency chosen as the default currency? Just wondering if you are getting an unwanted currency conversion.....

Guest tassieg

Thanks, that's a step in the right direction.

Something is still not quite right though.

Default Currency = Australian Dollars

Include tax in prices? = Yes

Sale Mode = Off

Tax Class = GST 10.0000%

The only enabled currency is "AUD Australian Dollars 1.00000"

Test Product Normal Price: : 49.95

Test Product Tax Class: = GST

When Test Product is added to the shopping cart, it now correctly shows $49.95 but Tax is showing up as 0.00 (it should show up as $4.54 as far as I can tell).

Gary

Guest gpeden

Hi Gary,

I guess that in some cases one wants to include the tax in the price and you have chosen to do this. I can only guess that in this case the field "tax" should be empty because otherwise it would be added in again after the order's subtotal and the customer would be taxed twice.....

Guest tassieg

Hi Gary,

I guess that in some cases one wants to include the tax in the price and you have chosen to do this. I can only guess that in this case the field "tax" should be empty because otherwise it would be added in again after the order's subtotal and the customer would be taxed twice.....

That's not going to work as the checkout needs to display the right tax component. :^^:

I'll keep looking for another solution, OSC perhaps.

Gary

Hi Gary,

That's not going to work as the checkout needs to display the right tax component. :)

I'll keep looking for another solution, OSC perhaps.

Gary

I think you'll find you get what you want - the correct final price and the correct tax indicated and added if you:

Change

to

Include tax in prices? = No

Works for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you'll find you get what you want - the correct final price and the correct tax indicated and added if you:

Change

to

Include tax in prices? = No

Works for me.

That's not right, as if you change it to no, then basically the price will show the normal price but the tax will show up $0.